The purpose of this job is to ensure effective routine and complex administrative support services are delivered to the Essex County Council Holiday activity clubs ad holiday hunger programmes.
The Office Administrator plays a key part in supporting the office and team, ensuring that the team is able to work efficiently and that the outputs of projects can be delivered effectively. Pro-actively managing their workload, taking the initiative and using personal judgement to resolve internal and external issues and having a strong working knowledge of the project and the Partnership.
An enthusiastic, highly organised administrator with demonstrable experience of being part of a small, busy team. The role will require excellent people and communication skills as well as attention to detail. Travel will be required, particularly between offices, so the use of a car would be beneficial.
This role is funded through the Department for Education Holiday Activity Fund.
- Provide high quality and effective business services to the Active Essex and Holiday Activities Programme team, including managing electronic and hard copy filing systems, providing meeting and event support, including minute taking, and updating the Active Essex and Project website.
- Supporting the work of the Active Essex and Holiday Activity Club team and working closely with the Local Delivery Pilot team. Providing administrative support for project delivery partners and Essex County Council partners in order to support the development of the project.
- Manage time effectively and proactively communicate with all external and internal stakeholders, to update progress.
- Responsible for maintaining up to date knowledge of processes, corporate systems and standards, sharing useful knowledge and information to the team.
- Provide high quality event organisation support, including working with project partners, liaising with speakers, attending workshops, events as required, supporting delegates and the team. Contribute to sourcing and inspecting potential meeting venues, ensuring a geographical spread for all holiday activity clubs.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration (or similar) or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Significant experience of MS Office suite of programmes and their practical application, as well as the ability to use computerised systems with a high level of speed and accuracy.
- Experience of providing an extensive business and event support service, including diary management, taking minutes and maintaining electronic or hard copy filing systems, processing invoices, raising purchase orders and event organisation.
- Demonstrate effective communication and engagement with teams, project teams, customers and stakeholders to ensure an effective support service, with an ability to tailor communication to meet the needs of the audience.
- Ability to manage time effectively and demonstrate a wide understanding of customer needs and being able to manage their expectations as well as solve simple problems and identify alternative solutions.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail to ensure compliance with the Grant Funding Agreement is essential and a clear understanding of the implications to the project of non-compliance.
This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service