Please note this is a full time fixed term role only until March 2022 within Southend-on-Sea.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of Essex County Council's large, dynamic and highly valued Business Support Team who work in specialised Business Centres across Essex promoting specialised knowledge and improving service and efficiencies.
Business Support teams deliver outstanding administration and customer service to all Essex County Council (ECC) functional areas. Our multi skilled teams deliver services from Business Centre hubs; providing a wide variety of support to high volume processes and tasks such as data input and management, minute taking, finance tasks, managing high volume calls, receptions and requests for assistance. We also support front line social care teams that require a more integrated approach to support.
We are proactive, forward-thinking and solution focused; we streamline processes and maximise digital opportunities. In doing so, we help increase the effectiveness of ECC to deliver better outcomes for the people of Essex than it could without our support.
We value our people and help them strive to deliver their potential and walk their career pathways within our organisation, giving them the tools and learning to get there.
This role involves working as part of a business support team to deliver effective, routine administrative support within a business centre; learning and developing an understanding of existing processes and systems and develop knowledge of Social Care teams and other corporate functions.
As a Business Support Assistant, you will provide general administrative support to ECC, dealing with day to day work instructed from the Business Centre Manager. Accurate and efficient data entry onto ECC systems is required, to ensure that all customer service requests are met within a specified time frame and are in line with data protection policies.
ECC provide a minute taking service as requested, therefore relevant transferable skills are desirable, however full training will be provided.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Good Standard of basic education - 5 GCSEs grade C and above (including Maths and English) or comparable experience/qualifications.
- Ability to use computerised systems with a high level of speed and accuracy - including Microsoft Office applications and internal ECC databases.
- Previous experience of managing electronic or hard copy filing systems.
- Ability to communicate in a manner which is easily understood and tailored to meet the needs of the audience.
- As part of the role you may have access to sensitive and/or personal information.
- Ability to think about alternative ways of doing things and being open to new work practices and responsive to change.
- Ability to take ownership of work and fulfil agreed commitments, checking work for accuracy.
- This position may require minute taking experience, therefore relevant transferable skills are desirable, however full training will be provided.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday between 08:30 - 16:30.