This post is an exciting opportunity to be part of Essex County Councils Meaningful Lives Matter Program. You will be working with people with Learning Disabilities and/or Autism, so a passion for improving opportunities for this group of individuals is essential. You will be part of a small team responsible for carrying our reviews of Adults with Learning Disabilities and/or Autism in line with the objectives of the MLM Ageing Well program.
- Assess complex social care needs and provide support to vulnerable adults, which enable them to live healthily and independently.
- Develop support plans that gain commitment to solutions that drive the care required for each individual's needs.
- Accountable for working within the statutory legal framework, policy and guidance and determining when the threshold for statutory intervention has been reached
- Work collaboratively building effective relationships with internal and external partnerships and stakeholders, and the voluntary sector to assist children and vulnerable people in gaining support for inclusivity from within the community.
- Accountable for conducting assessments and plan responses to safeguard a child or vulnerable adult include intervention as required.
- Develop a client centric approach which enables early intervention and prevention and increases independence.
- Pro-actively influences in a range of planning, decision making and case discussions inter-agency.
- Work with families, communities and individuals to help people age well supporting the Council's wider strategic aims.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge & Experience
- Educated to degree level i.e. Diploma or degree in social work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent. Current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a registered social worker
- Evidence of continuing professional development and demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards e.g. professional capability framework, knowledge and skills statement.
- Experience within a social care setting with evidence of challenging social and family situations.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to develop a rapport and engage with diverse groups of individuals.
- Experience of developing strong working relationships with partners, other agencies and the voluntary sector to deliver improved outcomes.
- Developing strong relationships with partners, other agencies and the local community to achieve joint objectives and offer a supportive framework for children and vulnerable adults.
- Understand the financial implications of care packages commissioned
- Evidence of clear decision making in order to highlight and limit the potential risks associated with intervention.
- The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wider operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential
Sorry, newly qualified social workers will not be considered.
Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service