Essex Registration Service is one of the largest authorities in the Country, serving thousands of customers in the Registration of Births, Deaths, Marriages and Civil Partnerships.
We are looking for a key member of the Registration service Training and Quality Assurance Team who will ensure the Registration service is complying with external and internal regulations and organisational controls, through audits on service and staffing practices, as well as stock control, reviewing detailed reports to record internal audits and to record and action where needed, any improvements required.
This role will participate in meetings with individuals and service teams to present and update on the audit process, prepare accurate and detailed reports and complete documentation for internal and external records. This role will also make recommendations for improvements and provide relevant, informed suggestions.
This role will require working with a team to achieve service targets and objectives, and will be capable of developing, delivering, and embedding changes to process and procedure to improve service quality.
This role will also lead on all aspects of training and induction within the Registration service, competently designing and delivering effective training sessions, whilst having the right approach to providing high quality feedback and advice as appropriate.
Excellent communication skills, resilience and organisational skills are vital in this role to ensure that quality and assurance underpins the service's overall provision.
Keeping up to date on service procedures and regulations by attending conferences, workshops, as necessary.
This role will also provide direct support during live Registration appointments (via Teams, Email, Phone) Monday-Friday 9-5 for front line staff, so the ability to build up an in-depth knowledge of the service, and where to find information, is a priority.
The role is accountable for:
- Ensuring regulations are adhered to as set out in the Handbooks provided by GRO (General Register Office) and that are reviewed during GRO Audits and Assessments.
- Delivery of effective training for frontline registration staff across all roles, through induction, assessment and review.
- Working collaboratively within and across registration teams to define requirements and deliver quality, timely and professional levels of service.
- Building strong relationships with external partners to ensure compliance with all external and internal regulation.
- Implementing changes to improve areas of work, whilst ensuring that the highest possible levels of service quality are continually delivered.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance within all legislative requirements.
- Ensuring specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined and met annually within the performance management framework.
- Contributing to the service objectives detailed within the Registration Service Plan.