Part Time Finance Assistant
Fixed Term, 6 months
Full Time, 29.6 hours per week
Up to £19,579 per annum FTE, £15,663 pro rata
Closing Date: 9th August 2021
Please note that this position is being offered on a part time basis (29.6 hour per week spread over 4 full time days) and is being offered as a Fixed Term Contract for a period of 6 months.
The position will initially be home based work. However, when government guidelines allow the role may then revert to being more or fully office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options in line with Essex County Council mobile flexible working policy.
Working within Income Collection in order to maximise the income generated for Services in Adult Social Care at Essex County Council, alongside ensuring effective recovery of aged debt.
Purchase to Pay (P2P) and Income aims to provide a comprehensive financial transactional and support service, maximising new and innovative technology to provide excellent customer service using a multi skilled workforce.
The Finance Assistant supports the Purchase to Pay (P2P) and Income teams to deliver the business plan for financial transactions. With a working knowledge of Financial processes and systems across P2P and Income, ensuring data or income is input accurately, timely and within policy and legislation standards.
Experienced in working as a team member across a flexible and multi skilled workforce, delivering excellent customer service to a variety of Functions by maintaining financial transactions and data within local systems. Recognising and supporting changes in technology to streamline the customer experience.
About the Role:
- Ensure effective recovery of Adult Social Care Income
- Work towards effectively building key stakeholder relationships and effectively managing conversations in order to resolve debt issues
- Contribute towards delivery of Key KPI's in delivering the above requirements in an effective, compassionate and compliant manner
- Effective in managing queries and disputes in order to ensure effective resolutions
- Negotiating payments and promoting automated processes to service users, in order to reduce the likelihood of repeated debts.
- Contributes to the delivery of the business plan for financial transactions, in support of the wider organisational vision.
- Responsible for processing and managing financial transactions, following defined business processes, inputting and interpreting data to ensure quality, consistency, accuracy, timeliness and high performance.
- Responsible for delivering all activities to meet defined deadlines, proactively reporting any risks or issues for early resolution.
- Provides support and guidance to internal and external customers in a professional manner, in line with Financial processes, ensuring that policy and legislation are met.
- Carries out basic reporting for P2P and Income and external customers, which contributes to the management of organisational performance, maximises income and ensures compliance with Financial Regulations and ECC Policies.
- Work flexibly and collaboratively across P2P and Income to deliver finance support.
- Recommend process improvements and redesign to achieve best practice and organisational efficiency.
Contributes to maintaining currency on legislation changes and translating these into local policy and procedure, to identify and review potential changes in technology.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous Credit Control Experience
- Experience in telephone collections
- Negotiation skills
- Educated to RQF Level 2 (GCSE) must include English and Mathematics, or equivalent by experience.
- Commitment to continued personal development within a working environment.
- Some knowledge of P2P/Income systems and demonstrable accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchase to pay and e-invoicing experience would be desirable.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Aptitude and willingness to work flexibly in multi skilled Operational Teams.
- Level of good competency using Microsoft office packages including, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to interpret varied information for supporting continuous improvements in service delivery.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers and partners.