The Asset Management and Maintenance service is responsible for providing a responsive and cyclical maintenance service to around 27,000 council house properties.
We are recruiting Bricklayers, Carpenters and Painting and decorating trade employee, who are multi skilled and able to complete jobs in their chosen trade and associated work.
The successful applicant will work as part of a team of Multi-skill employees, to deliver a customer focused, value for money repairs and maintenance service, ensuring the job is completed right first time.
You will be expected to demonstrate:
- You possess the skills for the job.
- You are customer focussed.
- You are conversant with mobile technology.
The successful applicant will be expected to undertake a full range of woodworking and joinery assembly duties; examples such as but not limited to:
- 4-sided planning machine, spindle moulder, band saw and tenoning machine.
- The use of portable power tools including orbital sander, router and belt sander.
- The use of compressed air tools including staple and nail guns.
- Assemble joinery products including framed ledged and braced doors, ledged and braced gates, door frames, fire door blanks cut to size and lipped including apertures.
Timber care treatment of joinery items will also be a requirement when necessary.
The successful post holder must possess:
- NVQ level 2 in Wood Machining / Joinery Manufacture.
- Associated skills to produce joinery products to a high standard.
- At least 2 years’ experience in joinery manufacturing.
Please note that qualifications listed as a requirement must be produced at interview should you be invited to attend.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to attend a skills test.
For an informal discussion, please contact Dave Cox on 569-6153 -07816968998
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for Applicants