SEND Supported Learning Tutor
Permanent, Part Time
£22,780 to £26,801 per annum (FTE)
Closing Date: 10/08/2021
Adult Community Learning (ACL) is ECC's provider of lifelong learning experiences for Essex residents.
Our classroom and work-based tutors design, plan, deliver and evaluate learning opportunities and experiences to challenge and enable learners from diverse backgrounds to achieve their individual goals and aspirations.
In the role of SEND Supported Learning Tutor you will be teaching learners with disabilities. You will need experience working in a SEND setting and a specialism in art and/or creative subjects.
This role involves working at various ACL centres ranging from Basildon and Brentwood to Chelmsford and possibly even Witham. With this in mind access to your own transport is essential to undertake the role.
ACL offers qualifications to help people move nearer to, enter or progress within the workplace or gain skills to enhance life chances. The service focuses many of its programmes and activities on the hardest to reach communities within Essex. ACL learners have access to a diverse range of non-accredited courses which encourage creativity, healthy lifestyles, social inclusion and engagement.
This is a Part Time role where work is sessional. Hours are subject to change, working hours can be discussed further at interview.
Prepare and deliver guided learning...
- Produce appropriate schemes of work/lesson plans
- Promote the effective use of individual learning plans
- Teach classes; provide tutorials and other supervised learning as appropriate, produce resources.
- Promote and use technology to improve outcomes for students
- Support the development of Maths and English
- Review individual progress and revise course planning accordingly
- Meet minimum standards for retention and success.
Provide effective negotiated learning experiences which enable students to meet their goals within an inclusive environment that supports all individuals.Challenge thinking, foster debate and develop the ability of learners to engage in critical discourse and rational thinking.
Provide general advice and information with reference to pre-course information and initial assessment - including course entry criteria, student induction, progression opportunities and employability options, assessment and examination procedure.
Provide constructive feedback...
- Set, mark, correct and assess individual students' work in a timely way against comprehensive learning objectives
- Review and evaluate lessons and courses
- Maintain and effectively use Individual Learning Plans with students to facilitate the students' evaluation of progress and understanding of what is required to improve
- Offer information, support and guidance regarding progression routes within and outside the organisation.
Attend meetings as required (curriculum, pre-course, supervision, etc.).
As required, conduct learner assessments in line with funding requirements and learner capabilities.
Assess, monitor and record learners' progress - using Individual and group learning plans and record achievement.
Undertake mandatory Continuing Professional Development including regular graded and ungraded observations of Learning, Teaching and Assessment. Participate actively in any individual improvement plan and achievement of performance targets.
Responsible for ensuring accurate and up to date record keeping, including registers, Individual Learning Plan/Record and other key information (relating to: retention, achievement and completion), monitoring and managing absence and facilitate on going and end of course evaluation.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Educated to RQF level 3 (GCSE A-C) in Maths and English.A relevant qualification or willingness to achieve the same
- A commitment to continuing personal development, and professional and subject specialist updating.
- Evidence of subject expertise as appropriate to the level of course to be taught.
- Experience of Teaching and Learning in the Adult Sector.
- Experience of Teaching within a SEND environment.
- Wider subject knowledge to support student progression.