WorkwithYork are working with York Schools and Academies board on this exciting and unique opportunity.
This is a part time position (one day a week for academic year 21/22) with a dynamic and important organisation in shaping the provision of education in and around York.
The YSAB is a partnership of system leaders and senior officers of the LA, who represent the interests of maintained schools and ensure that the LA’s statutory duties inform the strategic approaches of the board and its members.
The board’s members are the Chief Executive Officers of MATs, Heads of schools or groups with designated status and senior LA officers. The board meets seven times a year, once every half term with an additional meeting in July.
The YSAB Executive Officer will:
- Be the public face of the board, championing its activities and promoting system wide strategic approaches it supports, including by direct engagement with stakeholders through existing forums (eg. meetings of Headteachers, Schools Forum, local democratic structures)
- Be a member of the board’s Executive group and maintain regular, informal contact with its members and the chair of the Special Schools group
- Ensure, with designated business support, that the board’s regular business cycle of meetings takes place with appropriate agendas, records of decisions and delivery of actions
- Collect and review submissions to the board for allocations of funding and ensure that recipients are held to account through progress and final reports to board meetings, providing challenge outside of meetings where appropriate
- Provide support for Chair with management of meetings, preparation of agendas and identification of items to be scrutinised
- With the Chair and Executive Group, ensure that the board’s activities are properly evaluated and outcomes and impact are reported on in line with commissioning arrangements with City of York Council
- Support periodic review and updating of the board’s protocols and processes, including formal documentation
Skills, experience and knowledge required:
- Significant and successful experience as a Senior Leader in an educational institution or organisation
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of:
a) National education policy and initiatives
b) The York education system, including strengths, improvement priorities and provider base
c) Effective school improvement strategies and evidence based interventions
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to engage with a wide variety of audiences
Duration and remuneration:
This role is offered for the academic year 2021-22 only with a time commitment of 45 days. Remuneration is based on a generous hourly rate to be discussed at interview.