District Youth and Community Commissioner in Training
Permanent, Full Time
£25,313 - £28,001 Per Annum
This position currently operates remote working due to Covid. However, there is an ongoing need to deliver detached youth work concentrating on the Rochford and Castle Point Area.
We are currently seeking a District Based Youth and Community Commissioner (in training) to support the commissioning and development of programmes and imaginative activities within the local communities. Whilst encouraging the active participation of young people in developing their own ideas as well as their personal skills.
The post-holder will take ownership and accountability for defined areas of the work programme, whilst also working flexibly across internal and external teams to support delivery in other areas. They will plan and deliver commissioning activity, work collaboratively with colleagues and partners, and help others to achieve.
The post-holder will develop new approaches, based on sound evidence and creative thinking, with a strong focus on improving outcomes; they will be both proactive and responsive, combining energy and enthusiasm with the tenacity and drive to see things through.
Successful candidate must hold a minimum of a Level 3 qualification in Youth Work and be willing to undertake a JNC degree qualification supported by Essex Youth Service.
Job Purpose Summary:
To work with young people and their communities:
- Work closely with the Senior Youth and Community Commissioner to help young people and the community to develop the skills and capacity to design and deliver youth provision in their community
- Have supervisory responsibility for the Youth and Community Based Commissioners within a hub area
- Manage the organisation to a high-performing, customer-centric culture through exemplary behaviour in accordance with ECC's Values and Core Leadership Behaviours
- Manage employees in working flexibly and collaboratively across structural boundaries as part of project or process teams in support of key outcomes
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Successful candidate must hold a minimum of a Level 3 qualification in Youth Work and be willing to undertake a JNC degree qualification supported by Essex Youth Service
- Successful candidate must hold a GCSE C or equivalent in English and Maths
- The job requires you to be mobile throughout an operational area, access to a vehicle will be required