This role is part of the People Business Partnering team and supports the delivery of the workforce strategy, functional people strategies and the implementation of strategic initiatives across a broad spectrum of functional areas. Working collaboratively within People and Transformation and across a number of business functions at any one time, this role requires HR expertise to support the business at Heads of Service level and below, in implementing organisation change projects and managing employment cases which are escalated by the people service centre. The role will also coach managers dealing with these projects and cases, to develop skill sets to increase their confidence and effectiveness in managing others.
You will be responsible for
- Working under the direction of the People Business Partner/s to translate business requirements into prioritised people requirements, using a consultancy approach to contract the People and Transformation offer with the business.
- Coaching leaders and managers in dealing with business change project implementation (including redesign, redundancy, TUPE) and moderate to high complexity cases, individual performance and employee relations issues, providing high quality advice based on an in depth knowledge of employment and case law, policy and good practice, including conflict resolution and mediation.
- Shared accountability with the business for leading continuous improvement in business outcomes, by coaching and influencing leaders
- People and Transformation projects (or parts of projects) for the business area or for People and Transformation itself and support People Business Partners in delivering business performance improvement.
- Contributing to intelligence and insight gathering into significant concerns across the function and/or patterns of behaviour, to ensure such insights can be used to drive and address underlying business issues.
- Providing a comprehensive HR advice and support service to managers and customers with regard to more complex case work and change programmes, ensuring matters can move forward and options considered.
- Leading the delivery of projects to meet agreed outcomes within agreed timescales, working collaboratively across the business functions and with the People Business Partners.
- Contributing to the achievement of the Council's/Functions priorities and work collaboratively, to ensure they are implemented and delivered within the appropriate services.
- Providing information and advice to customers on the practical application/implications of changes in legislation and other good HR practice, identifying how best to distil complex data into distinct, clear and concise concepts others can understand.
- Using professional expertise and high standards to promote how ODP can add value to the business by recommending improvements in current policies and practices, to challenge current thinking and drive greater commitment to alternative approaches or solutions.
- Contributing to the planning and delivery of HR services in a customer focussed way in order to promote continuous improvement within HR services.
You'll do great here if you
- Have strong consulting skills, including excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to make strong and influential relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, providing both high challenge and support.
- Are able to analyse people and business metrics and develop insight and solutions; using these to influence decision making in the context of the business and to shape and influence others.
- Can facilitate successful change management techniques and champion the importance of engaging leaders and managers in the change.
- Have a working knowledge of the critical factors in planning change and the stages and phases of project and programme management, and are able to identify risks and create mitigation plans; Are able to develop the business case for significant change programmes and manage implementation, seeking opportunities to understand blockages and drive continuous improvement, including seeking ideas and feedback from customers.
- Know how to design and develop people activities and interventions to improve business outcomes
- Understand the broad employee relations landscape and can use this to influence and coach the business, and understand the broad legal context in which ODP operates and can apply this to managing complex employee relations issues and mitigating organisational risk.
- Know how to implement people initiatives and develops metrics to measure their impact, and use this to adjust and develop future practice.
- MCIPD qualified or working towards this.