This role is part of the People Business Partnering team and supports the delivery of the workforce strategy, functional people strategies and the implementation of strategic initiatives across a broad spectrum of functional areas. Working collaboratively within Organisation Development and People (ODP) and across a number of business functions at any one time, this role requires HR expertise to support the business at Heads of Service level and below, in implementing organisation change projects and managing employment cases which are escalated by the people service centre. The role will also coach managers dealing with these projects and cases, to develop skill sets to increase their confidence and effectiveness in managing others. Working as part of the wider Business Partnering team, this role provides support to the strategic business partners, offering challenge and high quality and high impact HR advice, within and outside the ODP function.
- Working under the direction of the People Business Partner/s to translate business requirements into prioritised people requirements, using a consultancy approach to contract the ODP offer with the business.
- Coach leaders and managers in dealing with business change project implementation (including redesign, redundancy, TUPE) and moderate to high complexity cases, individual performance and employee relations issues, providing high quality advice based on an in depth knowledge of employment and case law, policy and good practice, including conflict resolution and mediation.
- Shared accountability with the business for leading continuous improvement in business outcomes, by coaching and influencing leaders in all aspects of ODP.
- Responsible for ODP projects (or parts of projects) for the business area or for ODP itself and support People Business Partners in delivering business performance improvement.
- Contribute to intelligence and insight gathering into significant concerns across the function and/or patterns of behaviour, to ensure such insights can be used to drive and address underlying business issues.
- Provide a comprehensive HR advice and support service to managers and customers with regard to more complex case work and change programmes, using personal judgement in making effective decisions, ensuring matters can move forward and options considered.
- Lead the delivery of projects to meet agreed outcomes within agreed timescales, working collaboratively across the business functions and with the People Business Partners.
- Contribute to the achievement of the Council's/Functions priorities and work collaboratively, to ensure they are implemented and delivered within the appropriate services.
- Provide information and advice to customers on the practical application/implications of changes in legislation and other good HR practice, identifying how best to distil complex data into distinct, clear and concise concepts others can understand.
- Using professional expertise and high standards to promote how ODP can add value to the business by recommending improvements in current policies and practices, to challenge current thinking and drive greater commitment to alternative approaches or solutions.
- Responsible for contributing to the planning and delivery of HR services in a customer focussed way in order to promote continuous improvement within HR services.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Strong consulting skills, including excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to make strong and influential relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, providing both high challenge and support.
- Able to analyse people and business metrics and develop insight and solutions; using these to influence decision making in the context of the business and to shape and influence others. - Can facilitate successful change management techniques and champion the importance of engaging leaders and managers in the change.
Full job descritpon can be viewed on the workingforessex.com website