Cycle Training & Projects Coordinator
Full Time (1 year fixed term contract, with scope for extension)
We need you to help us get more people cycling, more often and more safely.
We need a passionate person to manage the Royal Borough's cycle training programme and develop new cycle training projects.
The Council has an ambitious target to reach net zero carbon emissions by 2030 - 20 years ahead of the national target. The Royal Borough is developing a highly ambitious vision for transport. An attractive, accessible, healthy and sustainable transport network will help make Royal Greenwich a brilliant place to live, work and play - opening up the great opportunities it offers to all of its residents. We will meet and exceed the Mayor of London's aim for 80 per cent of all trips in London to be made on foot, by cycle or using public transport by 2041.
Getting people cycling is circuital to these objectives. By giving more people the skills, support and confidence to cycle, this role unlocks the benefits of all of our other work to encourage cycling (such as new cycle routes).
The Royal Borough has a track record of delivering great transport. With ambitious targets and some big challenges, we need a knowledgeable, experienced, and enthusiastic coordinator to help get Greenwich cycling.
You will be responsible for shaping and managing the Royal Borough's approach to cycle training and key cycling projects.
- Managing the contract that delivers cycle training in Royal Greenwich.
- Designing and coordinating cycling projects and programmes. This will include delivery of secure cycle parking and measures to improve access to bikes (for residents and businesses).
- Creatively deliver marketing and promotional activities, for cycle training and projects.
- Effectively monitor the outcomes of your work and inform what we do next to encourage cycling.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience of cycle training, and/or related projects and activities.
- A good level of technical knowledge of cycle training and projects. Experience as a cycling instructor would be desirable but is not essential.
- Experience of project management and implementation.
- Great communication skills (both orally and in writing), who can work with a wide range of people.
- The ability to prioritise and manage their own work, to meet targets in a busy environment.
The job description and person specification for the role are attached.
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.