Permanent, Full Time
Up to £35,027 per annum
Closing Date: 15th August 2021
Essex's Pension Fund governance landscape reflects continuous improvement and increased external scrutiny. The core structure of Essex Pension Fund Strategy Board, Investment Steering Committee and Pension Advisory Board is supported by a dedicated Compliance Team to ensure statutory requirements are fulfilled whilst meeting strategic and operational objectives.
The Compliance Analyst provides guidance to Senior Leaders and Elected Members, coordinates the production of agendas and support arrangements of all Boards and Committees, in accordance with statutory requirements and best practice, ensuring the Fund's corporate and national reporting obligations are fulfilled.
With substantial experience in the practical application of governance policy/holding a Diploma or Level 2 Certificate in Local Government Pension Administration, a track record of timely, concise report production and publication of associated documents and a deep understanding of information holder/Freedom of Information (FOI) obligations.
- Responsible for delivery of the Governance Policy and Compliance Statement, co-ordination of the agendas and support arrangements in line with statutory requirements for the Essex Pension Fund Strategy Board, Investment Steering Committee, Pension Advisory Board, sub Committees, task/finish groups, and linkages with the ACCESS Pool Joint Committee.
- Provide advice and guidance for Senior Leaders, Board/Committee Members on meetings and agendas, co-ordinating the input of Fund officers authoring content from other Teams.
- Responsible for drafting of content and compiling reports/agenda items for all Boards/Committees plus shaping new formats around business plans, scorecard and risk register in anticipation of future need and best practice.
- Accountable for coordinating the Fund's input into corporate performance reporting (i.e. Function Business Plans, JCAD) and external reporting obligations re: MHCLG, Scheme Advisory Board, Pension Regulator, HMRC, CIPFA, and PLSA.
- Accountable for Fund's responsibilities on Freedom of Information Act, act as Information Champion and Fund representative on the Information Police Development Group and meeting the Fund's responsibilities under Environment Information Regulations and Service Access Requests.
- Accountable for reconciling administration payments and control accounts for financial liabilities including liaison with audit.
- Responsible for reporting progress against one off projects and monitoring of the Fund's ongoing contracts with external suppliers, shaping reporting metrics and tools, including liaison with Procurement.
- Implement delivery of Fund consultations through Committee/Boards and responsibility for drafting the Pension Fund's Annual report to Full Council.
- Champion the delivery of service across all Teams and Fund activities in line with the statutory requirements and KPI targets.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Educated to Diploma level or Stage 2 certificate level in Local Government Pensions Administration or equivalent by significant public sector/pensions experience.
- Adherence to/completion of the relevant modules of the CIPFA knowledge and skills framework.
- Significant experience of the practical application of statutory governance requirements within Local Government including best practice protocols for preparation and dispatch of agendas, support arrangements to Board Chairman and Members, and publication of reports/minutes.
- Excellent organisational skills with a track record of coordinating the production of clear, concise reports, provision of guidance to Members, owning support arrangements publications of agendas and associated documents in line with statutory requirements and best practice.
- An exceptional listener/minute taker with an extensive range of verbal and written skills to ensure effective explanatory communication of governance/compliance issues.
- Sound proof reading skills combined with advanced capability on Word, CMIS, JCAD, Excel and PowerPoint. Detailed working knowledge of the Universal Pension Management system.
- A deep understanding of public sector obligations of information holders and the FOI act along with experience of the developing progress/monitoring reports in relation to ongoing contracts/ one off projects.