Our Senior Technical Officer is responsible for providing effective technical support to our services that improve the lives of our customers. We know we have challenging times ahead and we are always looking for better and smarter ways to work, so you will need to be proactive and will be required to support and build strong relationships with supporting staff across the Service, other Council departments, Councillors and external organisations and agencies and members of the public, providing a courteous, helpful, confidential and responsive service.
Requirements for this job include:
- GCSE in Maths and English (Grade C and above), NVQ2 or the ability to work at that level.
- Ability to assist in the identification of resources required for work (e.g. information, surveys, etc).
- Skills and ability to assist in maintaining operating and monitoring electronic, digital and manual records and management information systems.
- Demonstrate an ability to work on own initiative, with minimal supervision.
As Senior Technical Officer you will:
- Play a significant role in ensuring Kirklees Highways fulfil all their obligations under the new Street Manager service, as per the Department for Transport
- Handle permit applications for the day to day maintenance work as well as dealing with long term programming of works with an understanding of its effect on the local road network and liaise with contractors for the programming of works and applications of permits
- Produce performance and feedback on reports based on permit compliance
- Successfully permit all roads required including relevant start/stops, managing early starts or late finishes etc. to ensure we meet the criteria for the new Street Manager service
- Respond to and tracking the process of Section 81 requests to keep the highway asset safe
In order to be shortlisted for this job please demonstrate how you meet the Essential Criteria as detailed on the attached Job Profile.
15 August 2021, 11:55 PM
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
JP Senior Technical Officer.pdf – 210KB