Are you a talented programme/project manager looking for a unique opportunity to help improve the lives of local people in Kirklees and its fantastic array of towns and villages? If so then this is the opportunity for you.
Huddersfield is already undergoing a massive transformation and Dewsbury has been selected for Town Fund Status. We have already launched two major master plans for the two towns, the Huddersfield Blueprint which is a 10 year plan to regenerate Huddersfield Town Centre to allow businesses to thrive and enhance the public spaces. In Dewsbury we have launched our Blueprint and the Dewsbury Town Investment Plan. Both have a focus on the town centre and support the 4,000 new homes that we are promoting in the area.
To complement this we have just launched our £10m small centres programme which will focus initially on four other town centres in Batley, Cleckheaton, Heckmondwike and Holmfirth. You will be joining us at an exciting time and you will have the opportunity to shape the programmes and your team from the very start.
Your main duties will be to:
- Lead and set up and manage our newly created small centres team
- Work with ward members along with their communities to prepare local investment plans for their town centres
- Influence, oversee and deliver a programme of investment in our small centres
- Help to develop projects relevant to the investment plan
- Identify other funding opportunities
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
Ideally, we are looking for someone who has:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- A background in town centres, regeneration and/or planning
- Proven track record of delivering on significant programmes and/or projects
At Kirklees Council, we want to support your professional development to give you the right skills, confidence and support to really achieve your potential. We offer a variety of courses and training designed for this exact purpose.
We value the importance of having work life balance, so this is why we offer provisions such as flexible-working, generous holiday entitlement, a variety of special leave policies, employee healthcare services, cycle to work scheme and a childcare voucher scheme. Within the Town Centre Programmes Service we are presently mostly working from home.
If you are interested in what we are offering, and have the skills we are looking for, have a look at the attached job profile for more information. For an informal chat on this post please call Simon Taylor on 01484 221000.
06 September 2021, 12:55 AM
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Profile & Context Sheet.pdf – 526KB