STAR service is a Short-Term Assessment and Reablement service provided by Sandwell Council. The service plays a vital part in maintaining the independence of those living in borough. The service works closely with Health Colleagues to support the Discharge to Assess (D2A) process with an emphasis on the ethos of ‘Home First’.
We are seeking a Deputy Manager who is empathetic, innovative, and resilient. An individual who has a flexible approach and a clear ability to problem solve and make a difference to a staff team.
In addition to deputising for the Registered Manager when appropriate, the role will include;
- Supporting the Registered Manager to Maintain CQC standards and compliance
- Line managing a team of Reablement Workers and Assessment and Review Officers
- Supporting staff to maintain high quality standards of Care and support through day to day observations, supervisions and 1:1’s
- Developing the knowledge, competence and skills of staff
- Implementing and facilitating in house training
- Completing audits and service development changes, ensuring outstanding service delivery
- Projects that relate to ongoing service development and improvement
- Managing HR tasks with the support of the relevant HR departments
- Maintaining their own workload, with evidence of good organisation, planning and prioritisation.
The ideal candidate will be the following;
- Forward thinking
- Have the ability to work well under pressure
- Reflective thinker
- Strong communicator
- Open minded
It is an essential requirement of the role to hold RQF Level 3 in Care or equivalent (eg. NVQ Level 3 in Care).
An Enhanced Adults Barring DBS check is an essential requirement of this role.
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for Applicants