These posts are fixed term until 31st July 2022.
We are looking to appoint committed and enthusiastic people to each of the posts in these interesting and challenging roles within Sandwell Libraries and Archives.
Supporting and working in partnership with the Library Supervisor, the person appointed will work as part of a team providing efficient and effective library and information service with a high standard of customer care.
You will provide a high-quality service to all users including children, young people and adults from all cultural backgrounds and to meet Council and Library and Archives standards.
You will undertake and be responsible for all tasks associated with the presentation of services, activities and events and all administrative routines and procedures.
The successful applicants will be required to support customers to access a range of library services, including self-service and virtual services, with a focus on encouraging the use of libraries through promotional and outreach work.
You will need:
- Recognised library or customer service qualification (e.g. City and Guilds, NVQ Level 2/3 in Customer Care
- OR be working towards one
- OR equivalent skills and experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of co-operating with others as part of a team
- Experience of working with adults and children
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of providing frontline customer services.
- Excellent I.T skills
- You will be required to work every Saturday or Sunday and be flexible in the hours you work in the week
- This post involves working at different libraries within the Town and occasionally in other Towns depending on service requirements.
In exchange, this is a highly valued role and you will become part of a forward thinking and energised team.
Our values of Trust, Unity and Progress guide us and shape our team culture. They define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave.
Why work for us?
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Access to an award-winning employee benefits scheme, which includes:
- An exclusive retail discounts portal
- Salary sacrifice schemes for cars, bikes, technology and car parking
- An employee assistance and counselling service
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- A wide variety of learning and development opportunities
Closing date: 20th August 2021
Interview date: 2nd September 2021
For an informal discussion, please contact Jean Fenn on 07768988033 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
Hours and Locations
23 hours per week Oldbury Town (to include up to 6 hours every Saturday)
21.5 hours per week Smethwick Town (to include up to 6 hours every Saturday)
20 hours per week Oldbury Town (to include up to 6 hours every Saturday)
18.5 hours per week Rowley Town (to include up to 6 hours every Saturday)
17.5 hours per week Smethwick Town (to include up to 6 hours every Saturday)
16 hours per week Oldbury Town (to include up to 6 hours every Saturday)
14.23 hours per week Smethwick Town (to include 4 hours on alternate Sunday’s)
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com
Information for Applicants