The TS Business Analyst is responsible for assisting the implementation of the technology strategy and roadmap for a function (People, Place or Corporate) by performing research and analysis in to market trends and technology innovation. Using the information gathered to influence thinking and seek support for technological advantage. The role is responsible for assisting the delivery of an effective Business Engagement service, developing and maintaining an in-depth understanding of the functions, business processes and information technology needs, ensuring effective alignment between Business Requirements and Technology Services priorities, helping the business users to understand technology change and innovation and to translate business needs into technical requirements.
We are looking to recruit 3 Business Analysts for an initial 3-month period to support with the following areas:
With significant experience in process mapping using information provided in various formats into a single process map, you will ratify information with subject matter experts and stakeholders in a pressurised frontline service environment to meet tight deadlines. You will ideally have experience in the production of functional tender documentation for the procurement of an IT System.
Tender Pack Writing
This role requires experience in turning functional requirements and user stories into a standard specification documentation in readiness for tender for an IT system. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in the production of tender pack for procurement in order to meet tight deadlines.
With significant experience in process mapping, requirements capture and data analytics, the role will involve capturing points of data entry and exit in process maps and unstructured and structured data sets, with a view to link this to reporting and data requirements in a new IT system.
- Undertake research and analysis on market trends and technological innovation to support Technology Services Business Partners in influencing business thinking to ensure ECC maximises technological opportunities and creates business advantage.
- Contributes in the delivery of an effective Business Engagement service, developing and maintaining an in-depth understanding of the functions, business processes and information technology needs, ensuring effective alignment between business requirements and Technology Services.
- Undertake regular market scanning on behalf of and with Technology Services and functions to ensure the best possible technical solutions are assessed and included in roadmaps as appropriate.
- Responsible for providing relevant information and data to provide a robust rational for each business case underpinned by technology trends and examples of success rates in other organisations to ensure ECC maximises opportunities to reduce cost or improve service.
- Work collaboratively with the Technical Design and Commercial teams to keep them up to date on business requirements to ensure technology within ECC progresses at a pace and direction commensurate with actual business need.
- Responsible for the translation of technical vocabulary and knowledge into understandable business language to drive up the functions' knowledge and appreciation of the capability of available technologies.
- Act as an advocate and facilitator between TS and functional teams so that both parties are always represented equally and assisting the timely preparation of complex business cases outlining associated risks and benefits whilst being responsible for the technology implications.
Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in experience in a relevant subject. Hold or be working towards BCS Practitioner qualification in Business Analysis or equivalent qualification.
- Evidence of continual professional development to keep pace with technical and business change in line with defined SFIA V7 competencies.
- Extensive experience in a Strategic Development role, preferably working within a large Local Authority or with a Public Sector service provider.
- A track record of working within effective teams delivering high quality services that have been proved successful in meeting complex business requirements and in enabling standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use.
- Clear understanding and capability to work within relevant ICT related standards including ITIL V3, ISO/IEC 38500, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 22301, ISO/IEC 20000, PRINCE2 and MSP.
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentational skills.
- Strong customer service skills.