Business Administration Apprentice
Apprenticeship, Full Time
£8,296.00 per annum
Closing Date: 17th August 2021
This Apprentice role will focus on supporting the Placement Team with the delivery of effective, routine administrative support, with the opportunity to learn the basics of Placement and shadow team members to understand the activities and different roles within the team.
Educated to GCSE level, this presents an opportunity to learn more about working in a business and in a team environment, developing a good understanding of existing systems and processes, while providing support to the wider team.
You will be studying towards a Business Administrator (Level 3)
- Contributing to a high quality, efficient and effective business and administration service to internal and external customers within timescales.
- Responding to customer requests and queries in a timely and efficient way.
- Acting as a professional representative of the Placement team at a local level.
- Contributing to the delivery of the required activities of the Placement team.
- Assisting with the maintenance of confidential records in accordance with ECC Policies and Procedures.
- Dealing with Placement correspondence in a timely, consistent and professional manner.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Required Skills and Experience:
- The Level 3 Apprenticeship course requires a minimum of Level 1 functional skills in English & Maths (GCSE grade D/E or 2/3). Ideally you will already have Level 2 functional skills in English & Maths, or these can be achieved whilst studying for your Apprenticeship.
- Evidence of some experience of working with others in a team setting.
- Ability to use computerised systems with a good level of speed and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate in a manner which is easily understood, engaging with others and building rapport.
- Ability to take ownership of work and fulfil agreed commitments.
- Knowledge and experience of MS office applications and their practical application.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service