Learning Support Assistant
Permanent, Part Time
£18,938 per annum (FTE)
Closing Date: 15/08/2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Learning Support Team within ACL Essex. ACL are graded as 'Good' by Ofsted in 2018.
The salary will be £18,938 full time equivalent, pro rata dependent on hours. [£9.84 per hour plus Annual Leave Entitlement]
Please note, hours will be variable according to curriculum needs (as and when / term time). The successful candidate may be required to work daytimes, evenings and/or Saturdays and travel between centres.
Required for the following areas:
- ACL Brentwood LSA x 1 Annualised Hours - Part Time Sessional Hours
- Tuesday 10am till 12:15pm then 1pm till 3:15pm. Total 4:30 per day
- Wednesday 10am till 12:15pm then 1pm till 3:15pm. Total 4:30per day
- Friday all day 10am till 3pm. Total 5 hours per day
- Plus 1 evening if required to be confirmed from 7pm - 9:30pm
Other days and sessions may become available depending on enrolments.
Hours to be discussed and confirmed at interview.
- To support tutors in their delivery of academic and vocational courses
- Support learners with challenging behaviour in an educational environment
- Support learners with special educational needs and disabilities (general class and 1:1 support)
- Provide pastoral support to learners within an educational setting
- To support adult learners with a wide range of difficulties and disability in classes across all curriculum areas.
- English and Maths qualifications at NQF level 2/GCSE equivalent
- Experience of a support role with Adults/Children within an educational setting
- Be enthusiastic, proactive and committed to high standards of achievement and behaviour. Have a flexible and supportive approach to changing demands. Be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent Communication & Excellent ICT skills required.
Interviews will be held as below:
ACL Brentwood Poplar Drive Hutton, Brentwood CM13 1BD on Tuesday 24th August 2021 only
Closing date for applications: 15th August 2021
Qualification certificates should be brought to interview.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people, as diversity is key to our success. If you'd like to find out more about our latest opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news click here to join our talent pool.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday between 08:30 - 16:30.