Permanent, Part Time
Up to £23,062 per annum
Closing Date: 17/08/2021
Adult Community Learning (ACL) is ECC's provider of lifelong learning experiences for Essex residents.
ACL offers qualifications to help people move nearer to, enter or progress within the workplace or gain skills to enhance life chances. The service focuses many of its programmes and activities on the hardest to reach communities within Essex. ACL learners have access to a diverse range of accredited and non-accredited courses which encourage creativity, healthy lifestyles, social inclusion and engagement.
The Exams Officer is responsible for the delivery of registration of learners for exams and contributing to the planning and delivery of examinations. Delivering data and information across ACL and to external examining bodies, ensuring compliance with JCQ General Regulations for Approved Centres.
Part Time role - 22.5 hours a week, some evening work required.
Location - Colchester based but with Countywide travel required. This position will be centre based.
- Responsible for delivery of the registration of learners for exams; contribute to the planning and delivery of examinations; attending examinations as required to act as invigilator.
- Responsible for complying with the submission of examination papers and collating and processing results to working within the policy framework.
- Provide data/information regarding delivery of courses and examinations, ensuring up to date communications with awarding bodies and internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to ensuring compliance with all external and internal regulation including JCQ General Regulations for Approved Centres.
- Exceptional attention to detail and adherence to deadlines and procedures.
- Experience of working in a customer-focussed environment, with good communication skills.
- Contribute to accurate retention and collection of all relevant documentary evidence required for audit purposes.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Educated to RQF level 2 (GCSE) or equivalent by experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant business area.
- Knowledge of JCQ 'General Regulations for Approved Centres' with experience of applying these.
- Experience of delivering examination processes within and educational setting.
- Exceptional attention to detail and adherence to deadlines and procedures
- Experience of working in a customer-focussed environment, with good communication skills
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people, as diversity is key to our success. If you'd like to find out more about our latest opportunities, blogs, news, events and industry related news click here to join our talent pool.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday between 08:30 - 16:30.