Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda - one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We're immensely proud of our flexible working options.
ECC Technology Services is focused on ensuring current and future investment in technology maximises the opportunity to support ECC in meeting its strategic goals.
To achieve this Technology Services are undertaking a major transformation programme which will create the conditions where employees, residents and businesses can collaborate, innovate and thrive.
We are looking to recruit passionate and experienced IT Professionals to assist in the design and delivery of Technical Services enabling us to deliver outstanding outcomes and experiences enabled by modern, connected technology.
What's in it for you
* Make an impact on the lives of residents in Essex
* Be a part of a new forward-thinking Technology Services Team in local government
* Engage directly with customers, suppliers and stakeholders to design and deliver meaningful, measurable technology change
* Numerous development opportunities
* Chance to work alongside/within other teams within Technology Services
* An excellent benefit package
* Initial point of contact for Technology Services in a multi-channel environment, with the aim of resolving reported incidents at first contact and/or analyse the incident and collate appropriate information for escalation to other resolution teams.
* Responsible for ensuring that resolved incidents are properly documented and lessons learned can be acted on to support service improvement, ensuring continuity of services and effective business operations.
* Investigate and resolve incidents following agreed procedures and time scales to maintain quality and consistency of service while enhancing customer experience.
* Analyse metrics and reports on performance of the incident management process to highlight lessons learned and ensuring minimal disruption in the business.
The kind of experience you might bring
* Educated to A Level or equivalent in experience in a relevant subject.
* Able to demonstrate good experience in a 1st Line Analyst/Engineering or Service Desk role preferably working within a large Local Authority or with a Service Provider providing 1st Line Analyst/Engineering or Service Desk services.
* Must demonstrate a track record of working within effective teams delivering high quality Service Management Services that have been proved successful in meeting complex business requirements and in enabling standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use.
* Be able to follow agreed procedures to maintain the quality and consistency of the service, enhancing customer experience and maintaining high levels of satisfaction.
* Think creatively, challenge the norms and constructively challenge those around them to ensure continuous improvement and inspire the same in others.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* High level customer service skills.
* Willingness to learn and develop your career in Technology Services.
Apply and next steps
In order to be considered please apply via the Working for Essex website, ensuring you upload an up to date CV when prompted.
Please note, interviews are likely to be held on a virtual basis via Microsoft Teams for those candidates who are successful shortlisted.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16.30.