In Camden we are committed to working together to make our borough the best place to live, work, study and visit. Partnership with our communities is central to the way we work, so that everyone can access opportunities and nobody gets left behind. The post holder will help develop, co-ordinate and review strategies and policies to progress Property Management Division’s Environmental Sustainability Action Plan in line with business objectives.
The post holder will lead on a number of Energy Projects within the Capital Works, Property Management, Housing division These will be a variety of existing energy projects along with being a key member in developing the housing retrofit programme which aims to deliver on the commitments outlined in the Camden Climate Action Plan. They will also be responsible for discharging the division’s responsibilities under the Camden Safety Risk Management Model and will input into the ongoing review and adaptation of strategy and sustainability programme targets to meet changing business, economic, legal and demographic needs.
The post holder will ensure that accurate monitoring of energy use equipment is consistent and installed across all suitable energy networks.
In addition, the post holder will work with the various teams across the Council to improve systems and simplify monitoring, which includes leading on the project management and delivery of the Division’s environmental sustainability projects as well as development and implementation of aspects of the Council’s environmental sustainability strategy and policies.
- Relevant degree, professional qualification or extensive relevant experience.
- An understanding of what carbon net zero entails.
- Experience of work on sustainable retrofit projects from early feasibility to delivery on site
- Project and / or programme management experience
- Experience of bid writing / applying for energy/sustainability grants
- Experience of managing contractors, including FM services contracts
- Technical knowledge of sustainability issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills including influencing and negotiating skills.
- Risk management experience
- Experience in following policies and procedures and using them to achieve agreed objectives
- Expertise in educational building maintenance and asset management is desirable
- Fluent and skilled in use of IT as a tool for records management, communication and other purposes. Must be literate in the use of MSWord, MS Excel, and asset or facilities management databases
- Ability to innovate and take initiative yet be a team player
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- A clear understanding of how to further Camden’s objectives in respect of equality and diversity
- An understanding and appreciation of sustainability and environmental issues in relation to construction and building maintenance
Working for Camden
We’re ready to welcome your ideas, your views, and your rebellious spirit. Help us redefine how we’re supporting our communities, and we’ll redefine what a career can be. If that sounds good to you, we’d love to talk.
At Camden, you’ll receive a host of benefits as well as joining a flexible working employer. Click HERE to see full details of our benefits.
To view the Job Profile, please click HERE
To apply for this job please follow the "Apply" link. In the ‘Why you?’ section of the application you will be required to demonstrate how you meet the essential criteria listed in the Job Profile.
To discover more about Camden and our commitment towards diversity, equality and safeguarding, please visit our recruitment website
Asking for Adjustments
Camden is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as accessible as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for disabled people, neurodiverse people or people with long-term health conditions. If you would like us to do anything differently during the application, interview or assessment process, including providing information in an alternative format, please contact us on 020 7974 6655, at email@example.com or post to 5 Pancras Square, London, N1C 4AG.