This post is fixed term until 31/03/2025 due to it being a Project.
We are currently looking for a Towns Fund Programme Manager.
Sandwell Council is committed to maximising public investment in regeneration to the inclusive benefit of its communities. Working alongside the Regeneration & Growth Directorate this is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to lead the management and co-ordination of Sandwell’s Town Fund.
These are exciting times for Sandwell. In October 2020, Sandwell submitted 3 Town Investment Plans for Rowley Regis, Smethwick and West Bromwich to Government as part of the Towns Fund Programme.
On 3rd March, confirmation was received that the Town Investment Plans had been accepted and Heads of Terms were offered (1 per Town). This equated to £67.4m in Towns Fund investment for Sandwell, the second highest funding award in the Country. We are now working with our partner organisations to agree Full Business Cases for each of the 17 Towns Fund projects.
These investments, amongst other large-scale regeneration and infrastructure projects, means Sandwell has a once in generation opportunity to ensure that the economic, social and environmental benefits are delivered to our communities. The Towns Fund Programme Manager will be integral to this success.
You will be expected to:
- Programme manage Sandwell’s £67.4m Town Fund Programme ensuring delivery in line with government and council requirements.
- Lead on overseeing the effective delivery of Towns Fund governance arrangements including ensuring all Boards are appropriately facilitated.
- Work in collaboration with key stakeholders to support the successful delivery of the programme;
- Responsible for budget management, programme monitoring and reporting;
- Ensuring compliance with Town Fund criteria as set by Government.
You will need to have experience of:
- Experience of managing strategic projects or programmes, within public funding regimes e.g. ERDF, ESIF etc.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a multi-disciplined team or service;
- Budget Management experience;
- An understanding of HM Treasury Green Book and Business Case development and a detailed understanding of the Towns Fund programme.
For an informal discussion, please contact Tammy Stokes email@example.com
Interviews; Week commencing 18/10/2021
Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline or educated to degree level with significant experience in Programme Management with relevant qualifications.
Foundation Level Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) or equivalent
37 hours per week
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for Applicants