This vacancy exists within the Engagement Team which is part of the Business Excellence Team.
The Team is responsible for managing the Town Grants Budgets across Sandwell. We allocate funding to the Community and Voluntary Sector and the key aspect of this role is to ensure the implementation of a robust application, monitoring and auditing process for grants.
The post holder shall be responsible for the grants process, monitoring and auditing to ensure quality applications are received and they are managed within the grant’s framework.
You will be expected to demonstrate that you can:
- Manage staff to deliver an excellent and efficient service;
- Financial awareness and monitoring
- Monitor and audit grants ensuring quality outcomes;
- Develop and review processes and procedures;
- Engage with a wide range of partners to promote the funding and the ability to have dialogue with elected members and officers at all levels;
- Understand and work to agreed departmental objectives;
- Undertake project work allocated to the team and wider service area;
The post holder must possess:
- 2 years’ experience of grant funding and working within a community setting;
- Numeracy and Literacy Level 2 qualification or equivalent as a minimum;
- Knowledge and experience of securing funding;
- Experience of working with communities and a wide range of partners;
- Experience of supervising employees and the ability to work as a team player;
- Project management experience;
- Excellent ICT skills and the ability to source and analyse data
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to give a presentation to the Panel.
For an informal discussion, please contact Neighborhood Engagement Manager, Santokh Singh on 07966 976932
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com
Information for Applicants