Life Ready Work Ready works is an ESF (European Social Fund) funded project. We work in partnership with schools and businesses to help young people fulfil their potential and to engage and inspire young people to make positive transitions into education, employment and training.
Through mentoring, enterprise challenges, skills development initiatives and work experience, the young people we work with are provided with opportunities to develop the key skills employers are looking for.
The purpose of the programme is not only preparing young people for a work environment but also the demands and expectations that come with this. It is an opportunity for employers to inspire young people to consider their workplace as a future career.
Working as part of the life ready work ready team you will be responsible for maintaining management information systems and administrative support, to support the work of team within the service area.
The work will include the following:
- Use a range of paper-based and electronic data systems to maintain management information systems through inputting, and accessing data and information to support day-to-day work of the teams within the service area, ensuring data is stored in line with relevant data protection legislation.
- Respond appropriately to customer enquiries and requests for appointments or information ensuring responses are in line with best practice in customer service.
- To place order, track stock and supplies and other resources as directed by the management team.
- Provide flexible general administration support to teams within the service area as require the demands will vary over time in response to current needs of those teams.
- Support the EBL team to raise awareness of work experience and to market and promote the benefits of the scheme to education providers, employers and to other key stakeholders in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin.
- Provide support to the team in liaising with venues, clients and customers.
- Offer support on projects that teams undertake including the annual apprenticeship show and virtual careers events
GCSE Grade 4-9 (A-C) in Maths and English, or an equivalent L2 qualification in Literacy & Numeracy is essential level 2 business admin qualification desirable.
- Experience of data entry using a range of computer systems and software
- Experience of dealing with customer enquiries, and providing good customer service
- Experience of taking minutes during meetings and producing typed notes for circulation
- Experience of working as part of a team, and supporting the team’s objectives to achieve agreed targets.
- Confident in the use of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Publisher and Access
- Able to work flexibly and respond to changing demand and workloads
- Able to use the internet to access information and place order for a variety of good and services.
We are committed to equality and diversity. Posts working with children or vulnerable groups will be subject to an appropriate criminal records check.
Sorry but CVs will not be accepted.
Job Description and Person Specification