Work Match - Richmond and Wandsworth council’s jobs and skills brokerage service are looking for a Recruiter and Business Engagement Advisor. This is an exciting time to join Work Match and help in the continued delivery of high-quality business engagement activity to help residents realise their potential and raise aspirations to enter the local labour market.
The Recruiter and Business Engagement Advisor will be working closely with local businesses from Wandsworth, Richmond, or Kingston. Please note, this job role is a fixed term position until September 2022.
The Recruiter and Business Engagement Advisor will provide a screening and matching service for local people seeking employment and for local businesses seeking to recruit. The ideal candidate will be able to deliver high quality advice and guidance, CV preparation, job readiness to successfully match local people to jobs created in the associated boroughs that Work Match operates.
The Recruiter and Business Engagement Advisor will be allocated work closely with local businesses from Wandsworth but may on occasion need to assist the similar work within Richmond and Kingston. Please note, this job role is a fixed term position until September 2022.
The successful post holder will:
- Liaise with local businesses regarding job vacancies and other employment opportunities and to advertise, promote and match local applicants to vacancies advertised.
- Need to build strong relationships with local businesses and residents, while delivering WorkMatch services.
- Increase awareness and ensure that residents register with the Wandsworth Work Match job brokerage service (and associated services).
- Offer residents access to employment or training appropriate to their needs. Needs may include training opportunities, CV and interview preparation. Job readiness preparation for a range of Wandsworth residents at different stages of their return to work.
- Matching client’s skills and experience to the current skills needs of the local labour market. The range of organisations may include community groups, public agencies and employers
- The ideal candidate will be able to deliver high quality advice and guidance, CV preparation, job readiness preparation and be able to successfully match local people to jobs created in the associated boroughs that Work Match operates.
- The post holder will also work closely with Work Match’s Partnerships and Commissioning team to ensure training delivered is employer responsive and demand led, based on evidence gathered from the local area.
- The post holder will also work closely with key stakeholders to identify suitable training provision for residents whilst managing a diverse caseload of local businesses and residents.
You will be required to have:
- Ability to build strong relationships with local businesses and residents, to be able to deliver the highest level of standard of Work Match services.
- You will be an ambitious self-starter, ready to take on the challenge of joining a successful job brokerage service for talented local people.
- Business development skills to deliver a high-quality no cost recruitment service by engaging with local businesses and key employers.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage stakeholder relationships.
The ideal candidate may have transferable skills from: recruitment, customer service, retail, real estate or business development roles.
Richmond and Wandsworth councils
We recognise the importance of a good balance between work and home life so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working including, working from home, compressed hours and other arrangements Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process (and beyond) if these are options you’d like to explore. We also offer a generous holiday allowance of 39 paid days including bank holidays and a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline (dates subject to change):
Closing Date: 3rd October 2021
Shortlisting Date: W/C 4th October 2021
Interview Date(s): 11th October 2021
For an informal conversation, please contact Andrew.email@example.com
The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. We strongly advise you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note that the advertised dates for interviews may change due to the current Covid-19 situation. If they do, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Your health and wellbeing is our top priority. Should you become unwell due to Covid-19 during the recruitment process we would very much appreciate receiving an update from you as soon as possible.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils