Reporting into the Assistant Director – Corporate Finance, your role will be to lead on the production of accounts and external audit, oversee continuous development of the council’s ERP system and oversee budget monitoring support to our Finance and Investment, Strategy & Communications and Legal Services.
The council is driven by change and is looking to the future particularly using technology as an enabler to deliver services more efficiently. This role will look to continue programmes of modernisation at the council.
As your key accountabilities will include:
- Managing the successfully delivery of the statement of accounts. As part of this liaising with the external auditors and responding to any queries they may raise.
- Working closely with the Assistant Director – Corporate Finance to support in the wider objectives of the council, such as the introduction of technology - AI to speed up transactional services.
- Assuming the role of the technical advisor to the council on regulations and compliance, as well as ensuring good governance are at the heart of delivery of all services.
- Leading on training and developing the corporate team on best practice, use of the finance system, as well as informing budget holders on how to utilise self-service reporting.
- Overseeing budget monitor support to Directors across the Finance and Investment Directorate, Strategy & Communications and Legal Services.
- Deliver on all areas of financial planning, accounts production and statistical returns (both government and tax returns) – detailing the financial position of the authority and suggesting how overspends can be avoided.
This attractive role seeks candidates who are looking to work in an ambitious organisation which has a strong reputation for delivery of accounts on time and is already thinking ahead in terms of how further improvements can be made.
So, if you are seeking an opportunity to join a high-performing corporate finance team that is ambitious and keen to do even more, look no further.
Please follow the instructions to apply, or contact Az Ahmed (firstname.lastname@example.org or 07717 810 481) to arrange a confidential conversation.