Are you passionate about people and want to make a real difference working with local communities?
Can you communicate at all levels demonstrating excellent oral and written skills?
Our client is looking to recruit a Community Involvement Officer.
£14.31 p/h 37 hrs per week , 9am -5pm Monday to Friday – starting asap until the end of December 2021.
This role is operating the Covid-19 Emergency Response Hubs across the city to support vulnerable residents. It also supports public health initiatives around access to lateral flow testing kits through collection points and outreach (door knocking).
You will focus on managing one of five Community Hubs set up as a Covid-19 response. Most likely to be based in Clements Hall or Tang Hall Community Centre but there will be requirements to go to other hubs (Clifton, Foxwood and Haxby) and outreach locations.
- Management of building keys, including opening up and closing of community hubs, setting of alarms where necessary. Volunteer support management while at the hub.
- Overseeing delivery volunteers, including keeping them up to date with processes and procedures, assigning them a pick up time from the hub, the delivery address and contact details for those requiring the service, and a delivery slot/time.
- Making welfare calls.
- Running community engagement sessions and Lateral Flow Covid-19 Test Kit collection sessions.
- Delivering outreach (door-knocking) to support the public health agenda.
- Connecting and supporting residents to access the services that they need.
- Highly motivated with the ability to plan and manage their own work load
- An excellent communicator who can use a range of methods when working with a variety of customers, officers, elected Members and stakeholders.
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com
Regrettably we are unable to respond to every application we receive.
To apply for this vacancy you must be able to work in the United Kingdom.