The Building Surveying Team within Asset Management & Maintenance is responsible for providing a wide range of Building Surveying activities.
The role of the Assistant Building Surveyor includes the following activities:
- Asbestos surveying, sampling & report writing.
- Planned Inspections – routine repairs inspections, scheduling works & requisitioning of materials.
- Domestic Energy Assessment to produce Energy Performance Certificates.
- Building surveying and production of work schedules for:
- Shared cost works to party walls & party boundaries.
- Stock condition surveys
- Routine repair inspection
- Damp surveys
- Communal inspections (including Fire Risk Assessments under Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order)
You will be expected to demonstrate that you can work across a diverse range of surveying disciplines, have a flexible and reliable approach to work timescale and deadlines and a positive attitude to change & continuous improvement.
The post holder must possess a minimum HNC in Building Studies or equivalent and have at least 5 years post qualification experience in a Building Surveying role.
For an informal discussion, please contact Paul Arundel on 0121 569 5078.
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for Applicants