Are you efficient and organised and a team player? Do you enjoy helping people and working within a fast-paced environment?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for an additional Transport Officer to work within our service.
The Transport Service provides escorted transport for 850 pupils with special educational needs and disabilities to schools within Kirklees and beyond, 2,400 bus passes and boarding cards, transport for older people to day care and other provisions for after school clubs and short breaks/respite.
You will be responsible for assisting the Senior Transport Officer with the day to day delivery of the transport service. You will be expected to line manage Passenger Assistants who accompany customers on their journey, and provide support and guidance on a day to day basis. You will assess and arrange requests for transport and deal with queries and enquiries from service users and transport operators and maintain accurate records related to the service. You will also be responsible for emergency phone cover during the evening and early morning on a rota basis.
You will have:
- Experience within a large organisation in a first line supervisory/management position.
- Knowledge and/or experience of working with people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Knowledge and/or experience of financial procedures and people management.
- Proven track record of service delivery to an agreed level of performance and standard.
- Experience of managing difficult situations whilst working in a demanding, fast paced working environment, and be able to demonstrate resilience in such situations.
- Team player style of approach, ready to take on any challenge.
- Experience of managing customer expectations.
- Geographical and functional mobility.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required for this job. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
Provisional Shortlisting Date: Week commencing 25th October 2021
Provisional Interview Date: Week commencing 8th November 2021
24 October 2021, 11:55 PM
This job is subject to a DBS check at the appropriate level, please refer to the Job Description/Profile. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
If you are internal and want to apply for this job as a secondment you must be a substantive employee of the Council with over 6 months continuous service and have successfully completed your probation period. Applications for secondments will only be accepted if approved by your manager, you will be asked to confirm on your application form that you have the relevant permission. If you are refused permission to apply for a secondment please contact HR Recruitment to register the refusal.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Profile.pdf – 200KB