The Hemel Place Board is a partnership of key stakeholders from the public, private and third sectors which have a strong presence in Hemel Hempstead and are key to the future success of the town.
The Board will provide strategic direction for the town’s growth and prosperity activities through the development of a new Place Strategy for Hemel Hempstead. This strategy will set out a new Vision for Hemel Hempstead and will set out proposals for the regeneration and management of the town over the short, medium and longer term.
The Board will also be the strategic partnership to coordinate a wide-ranging programme of projects, including future development of the Town Centre, the delivery of the Herts IQ Enterprise Zone, the provision of essential infrastructure, the ambitious plans for the area’s economic development and interventions needed to address key social issues and ensure health and wellbeing. It will also form the interface between the existing communities within Hemel Hempstead and the new Hemel Garden Communities.
The role of Chair of the Board is crucial to the success of the Hemel Place Board. The Chair will be the lead figure for the Board, working closely with Board members and Chairs of the Hemel Garden Community Board, Herts Innovation Quarter Board and Hemel Business Improvement District to set and steer the project’s direction and to monitor progress. The Chair will ensure that appropriate resources are in place to deliver against the plan, programme and priorities and will co-ordinate the public-sector, private and third sector contribution to the delivery of key elements of the programme including the use of relevant funding.
The Chair will ensure that consideration is given by the Board to consultations and policy announcements that impact on the effective delivery of the Hemet Place vision and will ensure that Hemel Hempstead as a place is positively represented at existing and/or emerging sub-regional/regional forums.
The chair will help forge and build positive relationships with government and with key stakeholders in business, acting both as an advocate and ambassador. They will also constructively challenge the Board members’ ambition and performance to ensure that the Board and its impact continues to evolve positively.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Chair and develop an effective Board and wider stakeholder group, ensuring that a broad range of challenging perspectives are united towards a common goal and purpose
- Act as an ambassador for Hemel Hempstead the place and lobby effectively for the required funding (both capacity and infrastructure funding) to deliver the programme
- Champion the work of the Board, its objectives, challenges, opportunities, outcomes and results to relevant partners, organisations, networks and the media
- Maintain a clear and informed view of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats facing the programme and initiate positive responses
We are looking for a persuasive and influential Chair who will bring energy and passion to the role, demonstrating the following:
- Significant experience/standing in relation to the delivery of economic growth and development
- Excellent track record of developing strong relationships with government bodies, the private sector and a diverse range of stakeholders to achieve results
- Ability to provide strong leadership and strategic vision to the Hemel Place Board
- Ability to develop the identity of the Board, to be the public face of the programme and to make the case for investment into Hemel Hempstead
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including public speaking capabilities and a track record of fostering successful collaborative working
- Ability as Chair of the Board to build consensus for joint action amongst a diverse Board, other Boards and stakeholder group
For information and to visit our microsite please click apply or get in touch with our search partner Ben Parsonage at Green Park – 07399 549 294 or firstname.lastname@example.org