A great opportunity to join a dynamic multi-faceted team as we ensure the Council complies with all current regulations with regards to building safety and promotes and communicates building safety throughout the organisation and with residents of High-Risk Residential Buildings
The Main Purpose of the role:
- To ensure that all high-risk residential buildings are compliant with current legal and regulatory standards by ongoing suitable and sufficient risk assessments of each building, the hazards identified and suitable and sufficient mitigations in all cases.
- To develop policies, procedures and systems and effectively manage the “golden thread” of building data required to provide `fit for purpose` Building Safety Case Reports.
- To ensure that all buildings are fit to occupy in line with the Building Safety Regulators Requirements
- To support the organisation to deliver investment and remediation work and the programmes are clearly communicate to tenants and residents to avoid delays in delivery and disruption to households
- To work effectively with colleagues to establish robust and reliable compliance reporting across all areas of risk
- To advise the Building Safety Assurance Board and the Accountable Person of any breaches of the required standards.
- Develop and deliver in collaboration with other teams, the Council’s Fire Safety Management Plan and related fire strategies
- To ensure that day to day responses to any risks in high-risk buildings are dealt with in a timely and effective way, collaborating across teams to ensure this.
- To develop a Resident Engagement Plan for each high risk building that is tailored to the needs of the tenants and residents. To work with the tenant involvement team to ensure effective implementation of the Plan.
- To ensure that the building is managed in a way that meets the requirements of the Building Safety Case ensuring that any risks and avoidance of major incidents are managed in an effective way.
- To ensure that complaints handling, monitoring and learning is built into the Resident Engagement Plan.
- To work with Technical Officers to develop programmes and investment/remediation that will ensure that the high-risk buildings meet the current requirements of the relevant Legislation and Regulation.
You will also promote and be a role model of the Council’s expectations of a New Council Employee within the organisation. This role is at level 2. Find out more about Council Behaviours and Expectations.
31 October 2021, 11:55 PM
This job is subject to a DBS check at the appropriate level, please refer to the Job Description/Profile. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
BSM JD 21 09 21.docx – 126KB
Converted File BSM JD 21 09 21.docx.pdf – 67KB