This is an exciting time to be joining the Procurement team at Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council, as we continue to develop in our role as a strategic partner to the Council in achieving the ambitions of the Corporate Plan.
The Procurement Officer role offers you the opportunity to:
- Take the next step in your Procurement career
- Develop commercial skills
- Take responsibility for management of procurement projects through the full process
- Work with a variety of service teams
As an Ideal Candidate you are:
- Experienced in delivery of sub-threshold procurement processes
- Familiar with the requirements of Public Contracts Regulations 2015 – you can find the information you need from the Regulations
- A ‘people person’
- Ambitious and confident with the ability to think outside the box
- Well organised
- Enthusiastic about learning – you will either already hold CIPS Level 4 or be willing to work toward this
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office package
- High standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good prioritisation and ability to meet deadlines
- You must be educated to relevant diploma standard, plus relevant professional qualification or equivalent experience
If you would like to have an informal discussion about the role then please call Haley Macmichael on 07545 615650.
Our values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell's Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via email to: email@example.com.
Information for Applicants