In Kirklees we want the best for our children and young people, we are looking for staff who share our aspirations. All of our children’s homes have been graded by Ofsted as Good or Outstanding.
We are currently looking to appoint Casual Residential Care Officers to work across our children’s homes throughout Kirklees. Some of these positions may involve working with children and young people with disabilities. . Our homes are based in various locations across Kirklees including Dewsbury, Mirfield, Heckmondiwke and Huddersfield.
Working with children and young people can be rewarding, with no two days being the same. Our children’s homes provide a high standard of care and support. We are looking for new staff who are passionate about supporting and enabling young people to have positive experiences and reach their full potential.
This role will include:
- Supporting a child/young person with school work
- Transporting a child/young person to contact and supervising contact
- Taking a child/young person out to an activity or shopping
- Talking to a young person about their day/week – celebrating success or discussing challenges they are facing
- Looking for a child/young person who is missing
You will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced members of staff and be part of a wider team. You will also be provided with learning and development opportunities to increase your knowledge and skills.
Our Childrens Homes are based across various locations within Kirklees. The hours worked are on a casual basis agreed between you and the home manager to suit the needs of the children living there. This usually involves working different shifts, between 7am and 10pm across the 7 days a week including weekends, nights and Public Holidays.
Requirements for this job:
- Experience or an interest in working with children and young people.
- An understanding of the issues faced by children and young people and how life experiences can impact on their social and emotional development and well-being
- Candidates should be enthusiastic and creative people who are able to work effectively as part of a team or use their own initiative when required within the policies, procedures and guidelines.
- You will be expected to have good written and verbal communication skills, basic IT skills and produce clear legible reports.
If you are interested and wish to find out more about what it’s like to work in a Kirklees children’s home, please contact Kat Medina Hamilton on 01484 221000
In order to be shortlisted for this job please fill in the Application Form. CVs will not be accepted.
Please note that this is a rolling advert and shortlisting will be completed on a monthly basis.
31 August 2022, 11:55 PM
This job is subject to a DBS check at the appropriate level, please refer to the Job Description/Profile. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Residential Care Officer Job Profile.pdf – 198KB