Telford & Wrekin Council's, Estates & Investments team are one of the Borough's leading commercial agents, managing a considerable portfolio comprising 600 commercial properties and 800 tenancies for sale and lease together with a wide variety of land for employment and residential development.
This is an exciting opportunity to join and support the Council’s Estates and Investments team and be part of a fast paced environment.
- Educated to degree level (or with a diploma in a relevant subject and working towards a degree) with the ambition to have an RICS accredited qualification
- Knowledge of property and property related law and valuation
- Experience of working in a professional office with a multi-disciplinary team is advantageous but not essential
- Computer literate, full understanding of Microsoft applications
- An understanding of GIS mapping systems is advantageous
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, negotiate and provide creative and innovative solutions.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work flexibly to respond effectively to new priorities and tasks and adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to understand, assess and support the political pressures and demands upon the organisation including media awareness.
- Experience of managing budgets
Working within Telford you will be based in a town with award winning schools, one of the largest Town Parks in the country, historic market towns, the Ironbridge Gorge and the beautiful Shropshire Hills and Welsh border on your doorstep.
We pride ourselves on supporting our staff and offer the following benefits:
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare vouchers, car lease scheme and health care schemes
- Flexible working opportunities including home working
- Payment of professional fees, support for training and professional development
- Free Parking
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised leisure facilities and discounts on products and services.
For more information please contact: Sheila Dixon 01952 380645 firstname.lastname@example.org or Caroline Tudor 01952 384334 Caroline.Tudor@telford.gov.uk
Closing Date: 29th October 2021
Job Description & Person Specification