Here at Telford and Wrekin Council, we have been judged to be outstanding overall in terms of effectiveness (the only Authority in the West Midlands with this judgement). Here’s just some of the great things Ofsted had to say when they visited us recently:
• Children are cared for and cared about
• Social Workers and other staff who support children are very committed and they are exceptionally well trained
• Children are listened to and their experiences are well understood
• Senior Leaders aspire to a service for every child that they would welcome for their own
• Children benefit from a stable workforce which is highly committed and experienced
• Staff experience a wide range of development opportunities As an example, one of our Team Managers said: “I have been offered a broad array of training opportunities, including specialised supervision training with the Centre for Systemic Practice. I think it would be fair to say that my experience certainly demonstrates that Telford and Wrekin are keen to encourage their social workers to develop their practice and career.
It is a Local Authority which likes to grow its own.” There’s never been a more exciting time to join our service: alongside making a difference to the lives of individuals and families, we’re adopting exciting new strengths-based approaches and are passionate about delivering continuous service improvement. And our people are at the heart of this progress: that’s why from tailored in-house training to the West Midlands Teaching Partnership, we make sure they have access to the best development opportunities.
If you share our passion for making a difference, we would be delighted if you joined us. We are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Social Worker who is passionate about doing the right thing for children and families and who are committed to working in a relational way.
As one of our Senior Social Workers we will support you to develop your skills and knowledge when working with families using a restorative approach. To excel, you’ll need a social work qualification and registration with Social Work England
Telford and Wrekin Council takes seriously the responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all the children and young people entrusted to our care and it is our expectation that all staff will share this commitment.
We will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust recruitment processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce. Completion of an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check is a requirement for working with children and young people.
For more information on key requirements, skills and experience please see the attached documents. We are committed to equality and diversity. Posts working with children or vulnerable groups will be subject to an appropriate criminal records check.
If you think you can meet the challenge and would like to find out more about this role, please contact Louise Spragg, Principal Social Worker by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01952 385 857.
Please note that interviews will be held on an ongoing basis, when suitable applications are received.
If you are interested in applying, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible as we may close the vacancy early if suitable candidates are appointed.
4054 Senior Social Worker.docx