37 hours per week
- To facilitate the administration of the Councils legal responsibilities under the Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations and to provide advice, guidance and support to the Council (officers and members) relating to the Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations and internal policy requirements.
- To support the administration and processing of all types of insurance claims made by or against the Council using the claims database
Major tasks include:
- The administration of the council’s legal responsibilities under the Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations, supporting when appropriate any investigations into data security incidents
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, regulations and directives in relation to the Freedom of Information and the Environmental Information Regulations.
- Ensure compliance with procedures for handling, in particular recording information and responding to all requests for information. This includes non-disclosure exemptions under the both the Freedom of Information Act and the Environmental Information Regulations only.
- To provide advice, guidance and support to council officers and members relating to Freedom of Information Act, Environmental Information Regulations, data security and information governance.
Provide information to the Information Governance Officer to support any appeals that are received against the Council’s decision in respect of requests for information
For further information on the role please click on the job description and person specification which is available below.
Please complete the online application form as CVs will not be accepted.
We are committed to equality and diversity.
Final Governance Officer jd.docx