We are investing in creating a better borough for all our residents and bettering the lives of children and young people in Haringey is our first corporate priority. We are located in the north of the capital with a population of approximately 250,000 people and a growing population of 0-19-year olds. We are a diverse and fast-changing borough and tomorrow’s leaders; artists and innovators are busy growing up here.
Haringey is transforming its services for children and young people, and have already made exciting, innovative changes as we strive for excellence in all we do.
In short, we’re a council with high ambitions; a place to work that is full of energy and focus. Our teams have passion, integrity and commitment, and people join us, do so as they see Haringey is a learning organisation, and the people that work here strive for continuous improvement in their practice, aiming high to ensure we provide outstanding outcomes for our children.
We offer a great place to develop a career that is yours to own.
About the Role
The Assessment Service consists of five Assessment teams, each led by a Team Manager managing up to five social workers.
As part of this position, you will:
- Ensure that social workers are well supported to do the task that they need to do to safeguard and promote the health and well-being of the children and young people of Haringey.
- Complete comprehensive Child and Family Assessment that identify plans to achieve the best outcomes for children and young people.
- Initiate Child Protection and Children in Need plans, as well as initiate proceedings in family courts when required.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the work allocated to your team, ensuring that this is completed to the highest standards and with the child’s welfare central to decision making, and as a Team Manager, you will be a strong leader who demonstrates good quality management oversight. You should:
- It is essential that you have a relevant social work qualification and registered with SWE.
- Have a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience, preferably in a similar setting.
- Previous Social Worker management experience is desirable.
- Demonstrate strong management and communication skills.
- Have the ability to take responsibility for managing an individual caseload, having regard to the relative needs of all service users whilst ensuring an effective us of time and resources.
As an employer of choice, Haringey Council offers an extensive benefits package including recruitment and retention bonuses, excellent pension scheme and continued professional development. For a full list of benefits on offer, please visit:
Closing date: Sunday 24th October 2021
Interviews: To be confirmed.