This post it fixed term until September 2023 due to funding
These are exciting times for Sandwell. Government announced £67.5m in Towns Fund investment for Sandwell, the second highest funding award in the Country, for which we are now developing our detailed proposals for Rowley Regis, Smethwick and West Bromwich.
We are developing master plans for two of our six towns to attract further investment and we are building the £73m Aquatic Centre as part of the 2022 Commonwealth Games.
These investments, amongst other large-scale regeneration and infrastructure projects, means Sandwell has a once in generation opportunity to ensure that the economic, social and environmental benefits are delivered to our communities.
By joining the team as a Planning Officer, you will be supporting and/or leading the development & delivery of Sandwell’s Regeneration project pipeline. As part of the wider team you will contribute towards the creation of high quality places which meet the needs of Sandwell’s communities, providing economic, social and environmental benefits. Specifically, you will be responsible for the development of our unfunded sites, our Town Investment Plans, and the projects therein.
The post is funded by the Black Country Local Enterprise Zone revenue grant which supports this activity.
You will be required to:
- Lead the development of regeneration schemes which deliver economic, social and environmental benefits for the communities of Sandwell.
- Identify funding sources and prepare funding applications to enable sites or deliver regeneration schemes, including the collation of relevant supporting information.
- Work across other Service Areas within the council and other stakeholders in the development and delivery of regeneration projects.
- Provide professional planning advice and guidance, ensuring quality of place making.
Produce planning and development briefs, including drawing up site location plans and the collation of site constraint information.
- Working within a complex and challenging project environment;
Developing regeneration projects to secure economic, social and environmental benefits.
- Identifying opportunity regeneration sites and undertaking or driving the necessary steps to secure delivery.
- Enthusiastic & effective team member, committed to creating quality places for communities.
Educated to Degree Level, preferably in a subject consistent with Planning and/or Regeneration
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com
Information for Applicants