Camden is building somewhere everyone can thrive, by making our borough the best place to live, work, study and visit. Because, we’re not just home to the UK’s fast-growing economy. We’re home to the most important conversations happening today. And we’re making radical social change a reality, so that nobody gets left behind. We are seeking a highly experienced, competent, and energetic individual to join our Events team. This role requires an individual with substantial events management and delivery experience to work in our Arts and Tourism Service with a wide range of clients and multiple partners.
We are seeking a highly experienced, competent, and dynamic Event Officer with substantial event management experience to work in our Events, Libraries, Arts and Tourism service with a wide range of clients and multiple partners.
This role requires the post holder to work with both community and corporate clients, primarily in the booking and delivery of events for our indoor portfolio of Venues but also for our Parks and Open spaces and untraditional spaces. You’ll be responsible for supervision and duty management of events, customer liaison on hiring space, marketing our spaces, as well as some financial administration.
Your responsibilities will involve anti-social hours and contractual hours spread over 7 days.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of an existing client base to increase the business capacity and income for the service; as well as working on project delivery such as the annual wedding Fair and the Black History season event programme so also a contribution to the wider and bigger picture of event delivery.
This role partners with the Cultural recovery for the Camden borough and feeds the bigger picture of economic recovery and community cohesion.
- You’ll be a dynamic and innovative individual with ideally but not essential with a background in local government.
- You will have direct experience of event administration and management across indoor and outdoor events
- You will bring significant knowledge and experience of event management including event licensing procedures, process and guidelines whilst demonstrating excellent customer care standards.
- You will be commercially astute recognising opportunities for Camden and develop relationships, communicating effectively, liaising and negotiating across a range of clients, partners and external stakeholders.
- You will have a can-do attitude and be able to work effectively on your own initiative and as part of a team, supporting the services delivery and the council’s wider aims.
- You will understand to prioritise both income generation for the events service as well as ensuring better cross working in terms of direct delivery of key projects, community festivals, venue management, and animating libraries with cultural events.
- You will prioritise good team working with event service colleagues and ensure the implementation of clear standards and practice.
- You will have IOSH or equivalent Health and Safety operational experience and qualifications or can demonstrate sufficient experience in the knowledge and understanding of event Health and Safety
In return, you can expect a great range of benefits including a fantastic pension scheme.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Working for Camden
We’re ready to welcome your ideas, your views, and your rebellious spirit. Help us redefine how we’re supporting communities, and we’ll redefine what a career can be. If that sounds good to you, we’d love to talk.
At Camden, you’ll receive a host of benefits as well as joining a flexible working employer. Click HERE to see full details of our benefits.
To view the Job Profile, please click HERE
To apply for this job please follow the "Apply" link. In the ‘Why you?’ section of the application you will be required to demonstrate how you meet the role criteria noted in the Job Profile under the “About You” section.
To discover more about Camden and our commitment towards diversity, equality and safeguarding, please visit our recruitment website
Asking for Adjustments
Camden is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as accessible as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for disabled people, neurodiverse people or people with long-term health conditions. If you would like us to do anything differently during the application, interview or assessment process, including providing information in an alternative format, please contact us on 020 7974 6655, at firstname.lastname@example.org or post to 5 Pancras Square, London, N1C 4AG.