The Royal Borough of Greenwich’s Content Studio is a team of digitally savvy creators that delivers first class content to help the Council engage local residents and businesses. We are now expanding our team and are on the lookout for an experienced Videographer to work with us in Greenwich.
We want to see your skills, capabilities and best of all, your creativity, first-hand. Be prepared to show your portfolio and creative abilities during the recruitment journey.
You will be reporting directly into the Council’s Film Unit, which was the first in the country, and specifically to our Film Manager. You will be tasked with ensuring we communicate with our residents in an engaging manner, developing world-class digital content fit for our Royal Borough. Sometimes, your skills will be used to bid for and deliver projects for external clients, such as London Councils, the Metropolitan Police, NHS and many more.
This is just the beginning. We’re on a creative journey at the Royal Borough of Greenwich and this our remit is constantly growing. From having in house motion graphics staff, award winning designers and posts like this responsible for creating video content, we believe we are leading the way for all London Councils. If appointed, you will be integral to our Studio’s growth. You will also be working with some of the most creative in-house designer, animators, print technicians and location finders in the industry.
A day in the life of a Videographer
You are a story teller, someone who has a solid video production / film making background and a proven track record creating insanely effective digital and branded content. A whizz with a camera, equally well versed with objects that move as those that sit still!
You will feel at home in an in-house creative centre of excellence. Delivering best-in-class engaging content across a variety of platforms and content types: Video; Animations; Photos; Lifestyle; Concept visuals.
What we’re looking for…
- Camera, Lighting & Audio operating experience
- Lighting & scene lighting experience
- Ability to record high-quality audio
- Able & confident to edit own and others creative works
- Ability to shoot for the edit (including pre-visualising shots needed during shoots)
- Understanding of LIVE video technologies (FB/Instagram/YouTube/Twitter)
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Media Encoder
- Bold and courageous to explore emerging tech & tools, from DSLR's to gimbals, steadicam, graphic pads etc.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time
- Ability to produce from original concept through to completion within brand guidelines & best practices
- Always up to date with social media tech platforms understanding
- Confident to work with external partners who may be working on other deliverables for a campaign
- Good understanding of what encourages engagement on social media platforms – and the differences between the platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter etc)
- Attention to detail and good time-management
- Experience of working within a large organisation but able to approach projects with the start-up mentality
- Confident working to tight deadlines & under pressure
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Nicola Hogan; Nicola.firstname.lastname@example.org 020 8921 6048
If you require any assistance in viewing or accessing this opportunity, please contact email@example.com or call 020-8921-8977
Diversity Statement: Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
High Volume Applications: Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.
Advert Close: All vacancies close at midnight unless otherwise stated
How Applications are Scored: Each application is scored according to how well the supporting statement addresses each point on the Person Specification for the role. Candidates will be short-listed for interview on the extent to which they meet the specific points within the Person Specification. The Person Specification is supplied with the job advert. When completing your application, please use the supporting statement section to tell us how you meet each of the points on the Person Specification. We need to have this information in order to consider your application. If you have a disability and are unable to meet some of the job requirements specifically because of your disability, please address this in your application. If you meet all the other criteria, you will be shortlisted and we will explore jointly with you if there are ways in which the job can be changed to enable you to meet the requirements.
Interview Arrangements: During this time, our priority for all of our recruitment activity is to make sure our applicants, hiring departments and new starters are informed, safe and supported. Careful and thorough consideration will be given to interview arrangements and for any essential in-person recruitment, we will ensure this is held in a suitable, secure setting with additional arrangements to ensure any current safety requirements are fully adhered to.
Salary: Salaries advertised are for a standard working week of 35 hours unless otherwise stated. Please use this 'Salary Calculator to help you calculate a pro rata salary.
Our Staff Values: Our Staff Values are important to us. Candidates will be continuously assessed against our staff values throughout the recruitment process. Where candidates demonstrate views and behaviours that do not meet the standards of our staff values, we reserve the right to reject their application/ registration.