A vacancy has become available for a part time Social Care Lead Officer, to cover in the Tipton Team, Monday – Wednesday (18.5 hours a week). The team will consist of 1.5 x Social Care Lead Officers, Social Workers, Social Care Officers and a Reviewing Officer, to support vulnerable adults in the Great Bridge/Princes End & Tipton area. The team is normally based at the Tipton Local Neighbourhood Office, but staff are currently working from home due to Covid 19 restrictions, while arrangements are being made for a base once restrictions are lifted/ease.
You will have responsibility of supervising workers in line with Sandwell’s Supervision Policy, as well as a number of managerial roles & responsibilities, as set out below and in the attached job description and personnel specification.
A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience is required as well as a minimum of 1 years’ experience of managing supervision of professional and/or non-professional staff. See below for some roles, duties and responsibilities;
Summary of role:
- To have knowledge and understanding of relevant legislative and regulatory framework and Government initiatives relating to your service area, including safeguarding, and the needs of vulnerable adults.
- To have knowledge of the principles and responsibility of information sharing and data protection in line with legislation.
- To be responsible for the day to day management of a service area, including practice, standards, quality and performance.
- To undertake specific duties and responsibilities determined by the line manager and senior managers to enable the team to achieve its goals and objectives.
- To work with the line manager to ensure day to day functioning of the team in operational matters.
- Proactively promote partnership working and integration within and outside of the council.
- To have staff supervisory responsibility.
- Actively encourage, motivate and support the development of front line staff with the objective of building a high performing team.
- Support change and support practice development with team members.
- Undertake HR related matters including, but not limited to recruitment and selection of staff, Management of Absence, Disciplinary, Capability and Grievance issues.
- Maintain emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours and attitudes.
Successful candidates must hold a professional qualification at degree level and/or NVQ level 2, or an equivalent qualification. This role requires an enhanced DBS and SW England registration.
Please refer to the job description and personnel specification attached for more information on the role and qualification requirements. If you require further information regarding the post, please contact Annette Thompson on 0121 569 2266.
A requirement of this post is that any successful candidate must have had a full course of an approved COVID‐19 vaccine prior to starting in the role or be medically exempt. As part of the recruitment process the successful candidate will need to evidence this requirement.
You will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check.
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
18.5 hours per week
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for Applicants