At Camden, we're working closely with our communities to build a better, fairer borough for everyone, and to make sure that nobody gets left behind. There is no doubt that we’ve experienced significant challenges from Covid-19 and its impacts on those who live, work and study in the borough. Throughout the pandemic we have seen the extraordinary community spirit of Camden and, as we move forward, it’s crucial we all stay working together to create the best future for Camden. In this role, you will have the opportunity to join our Communications team and lead on planning, developing and creating resident-focused communications as we emerge from the pandemic and as we look to the future.
This role is responsible for working with our council directorates to communicate their priorities for campaigns and information about the services we provide to our residents, local organisations and businesses and stakeholders.
The post holder will use a wide range of communications skills and channels including marketing, video, digital and media, to deliver innovative materials as set out in our communication plans and aligned to Camden 2025. This will include publicising and preparing communications materials in a range of formats, social media posts and working closely with our in-house Design Team to develop publicity materials for all our channels. They will be creative and able to spot new opportunities for communications and use our evidence base to develop communications plans to each all of audiences.
This post reports the Senior Communications Manager and will work closely with Communications Managers on priority campaigns and to communicate council services that residents need and value. The role is within the Communications service which is part of Corporate Services. This role directly impacts on how our residents can access council information, advice and support and access our services.
For this role you will have:
- A wide range of communications experience and knowledge of channels including digital, media and marketing skills
- A strong track record delivering evidence based campaigns and of measuring impact
- Experience of working on a range of projects with competing priorities simultaneously
- Degree level qualification or equivalent work experience
- Experience of account management, project management and planning work to deliver on time and on budget
- Experience effectively prioritising resources and budgets
- Experience of providing strategic advice to board level, senior officers and elected members
- Experience working with external partners and stakeholders
- Ability to see new opportunities for Communications
- Crisis communications and emergency planning skills
- Political awareness and sound judgement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We’re ready to welcome your ideas, your views, and your rebellious spirit. Help us redefine our corporate services, and we’ll redefine what a career can be.
Working for Camden
Working for Camden you’ll receive a host of great benefits, Click HERE to see full details.
To discover more about Camden and our commitment towards diversity, equality and safeguarding, please visit our recruitment website
To view the Job Profile please click HERE
To apply for this job please follow the "Apply" link. In the ‘Why you?’ section of the application you will be required to demonstrate how you meet the essential criteria listed in the Job Profile.
Asking for Adjustments
Camden is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as accessible as possible for everyone. This includes, making adjustments or changes for disabled people, neurodiverse people or people with long-term health conditions.
If you would like us to do anything differently during the application, interview or assessment process, including providing information in an alternative format, please contact us on 020 7974 6655, at firstname.lastname@example.org or post to 5 Pancras Square, London, N1C 4AG.