We are looking to recruit highly motivated people to support in the delivery of the Holiday Play Scheme for Children and Young people. The Play Schemes will be based at Abraham Darby Sports and Leisure Centre/ Oakengates Leisure Centre during the school holidays.
Our next Leisure Play Scheme will be Monday 20th - Thursday 23rd December 2021.
The successful applicants will support the Play Leaders to deliver fun and exciting play/sport activities for 8-12 year olds.
The ideal applicant will have experience or an understanding of working with children and young people and knowledge or experience of a range of sporting, creative or informal learning delivery.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a team who are passionate about providing excellence in care and support for our customers, and you will be a key part of the team.
Please complete the online application form as CV’s will not be accepted.
The post holder will work with the Leisure Play Leader to ensure the safe and customer focused delivery of the Leisure Play Scheme, through the effective co-ordination of resources.
Working under the direction of the Leisure Play Leader and Leisure Duty Officer, the post holder will provide safe and constructive sport, physical activity and play opportunities and new experiences for children encouraging self-expression and creativity. The age group for the Play Scheme is 8 – 12 years
· As Play Assistant, the post holder will deliver a range of activities that are accessed by children and young people
· To adhere to all of the policies and procedures required to deliver the play scheme and meet regulatory requirements including health and safety.
· Promote and maintain a customer focused ethos at all times and ensuring the well-being of children and young people.
· To follow a daily plan to deliver a variety of play/sport activities providing a safe, stimulating and fun environment, under the guidance of the Leisure Play Leader.
· To contribute creative ideas for play, sport, physical activities to support the development of daily plans.
· To be responsible for the safety and welfare of the children and young people attending the Leisure Play Scheme
· To ensure the needs of children and young people attending the Leisure Play Scheme are met, which will include direct participation.
· To participate in maintaining a safe, clean and child friendly environment, including responsibility for the general cleanliness and hygiene of equipment, etc and report any faulty equipment/toys to the Leisure Play Leader or Duty officer
· Ensure that Health and Safety legislative requirements are complied with during the provision of support and activities e.g. risk assessments, food hygiene, fire records, COSHH etc. .
· To contribute to the evaluation of the Leisure Play Scheme.
· Carry out any other duties commensurate with the grade.
• Educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
• NVQ 2 Child Care qualification or Sports Coaching or Teaching Qualification
• Working with children and young people.
• Experience of planning and delivering children’s activities or sports coaching.
• Experience working as part of a team.
· Must have skills in engaging children in positive play/sports activities with an awareness of their developmental stage.
· Must be able to deliver a programme of safe, stimulating play/sports activities for children.
· Interest or skills in arts, crafts, indoor/outdoor sports and activities would be an advantage.
· Must be able to involve and empower children and stimulate their imagination.
· Must be able to work under direction to organise, plan, design and deliver a balanced programme of play/sports activities for children.
· Must have skills to communicate with children and young people.
· To engage with other professionals to develop activities/ skills in ensuring the needs of the children are met.
· Competent in handling confidential/sensitive personal information in an appropriate and secure manner in accordance with Data Protection.
Job Description & Person Specification