As a local authority Telford & Wrekin have just been awarded Council of the Year
As a member of the pioneering Co-operative Councils Network, we aim to:
- Bring together and improve services
- Involve local people and employees more in planning and running services
- Encourage people to do more to help their own communities
We serve a population of 170,000 people and our population is younger than the national average. Our borough is predicted to grow in the next 13 years adding nearly another 30,000 people. We are investing in growth in the borough and this presents an opportunity to attract new businesses – Our South Water Development reflects some of our aspirations and regeneration.
We deliver a diverse range of services to all our communities and we are constantly aiming to improve the quality of these. To do this we want to recruit enthusiastic individuals who are determined to succeed in their careers, to help us to achieve and maintain our goals and high standards.
- Telford & Wrekin’s Mental Health Social work team have vacancies for 2 Advanced Practitioner to complement our existing team.
- We are a very supportive and driven team with a fantastic work culture.
- The team work inclusively in our newly formed Mental Health Alliance, a joint partnership with our health and 3rd sector colleagues to prevent admission and facilitate timely discharges from hospital.
- In conjunction with MIND and our commissioner we have developed the Calm Café. A crisis café staffed by a social worker from the team, MIND peer support workers and volunteers, operating across T&W four evenings a week.
- We also have links with T&W’s rough sleeper project.
- We are a diverse and growing team with a number of other exciting developments coming on-board .
- We have close links with both our colleagues in the Midlands Foundation NHS Trust and the local GP practices.
- We are all passionate about the work we do and are keen to increase our resources and expertise. If you share our passion about Mental Health and have experience in community social work, recovery and strengths based practice then we are keen to hear from you.
For more information about working for Telford & Wrekin Adult Social Care, please view our recruitment page: https://www.telford.gov.uk/ascr
Please contact Lyn Hall – 01952 381647, if you have any queries.
JD Advanced Practioner.docx