Working in the public sector is all about making a difference to people’s everyday lives, making the environment in which they live a better place, and giving them the tools, they need to improve their own lives and play an active role in the community.
We’ve got huge ambitions for Haringey. As the shape of local government continues to change, we’re determined to rise to the challenge and find new ways to ensure that our residents enjoy the best opportunities in life – through excellent education, training, access to facilities and community empowerment. We’re committed to growth that can benefit all of our residents, by strengthening the borough’s local economy and bringing in new facilities and activities. Working at Haringey gives you the opportunity to play a part in meeting those ambitions on behalf of everyone who calls the borough their home.
About the Role
Are you a Commercial Environmental Health Professional? Would you like to contribute to the future of food safety and health & safety compliance solutions? Are you professional, flexible, friendly and motivated? If yes, we have a fantastic part-time opportunity as Lead Officer
To undertake complex proactive inspections and enforcement responses along with preparing protocols, procedures, guidance.
This is a Part-Time post working 18 hours per week.
The Team are looking to recruit a dedicated and focused individual who is committed to delivering outstanding support to colleagues, wider service users and external third parties.
It is essential you have demonstrable experience and knowledge of the following:
- A Diploma in Environmental Health awarded by the EHRB or the REHIS.
- Advanced Professional Certificate in Food Hygiene and Standards Control (APC) awarded by CIEH.
- Degree/Masters Degree in Environmental Health.
- Food, Health and Safety, Infectious Disease Control and Licensing including Animal Welfare.
- Proven experience using information technology to support the delivery of high quality, customer focused service.
- Proven experience of working on own initiative, establishing and maintaining work programs and other plans.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 21st November 2021
Interviews: To be confirmed.