This is an exciting opportunity to work for the Improvement and Relationships Team within the Customers and Communities Service under the Adults, Housing and Health Directorate. The team are currently working on two key areas which cover Local Area Co-ordination and Project Management. The work is an integral part of the council wide Early Intervention and Prevention and Transformation programme.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our team and work collectively with other business management functions within our service, cross cutting directorates to ensure that systems of work are aligned, monitored, and continuously reviewed for improvement.
You will manage the breadth and complexities of the office admin function and capacity resource of business support officers for two growing teams, alleviating pressures and enabling them to focus on service and change management delivery.
If successful, you will join a positive and highly collaborative team which continually strives for excellence as part of a modern, flexible, and emotionally intelligent workforce.
Ideally, you will have:
- Previous experience and the ability to lead and develop a high performing business administration function.
- Ability to undertake line management responsibilities including effective leadership, supervision, support and training.
- High care standards to ensure customers receive an excellent service.
- Previous experience in project management and/or a willingness to learn about managing projects.
- Numeracy skills to be able to produce statistical information and familiarity with financial systems.
- Excellent workflow management and organisational skills.
- An approachable personality to work collaboratively with colleagues within the team and across the council.
- The ability to respond in an agile and time constrained way to urgent and critical deadlines.
- Flexibility, adaptability and resilience when faced with quick and frequent change.
- Good IT and MS Office Suite Skills.
- An enhanced DBS check or be willing to undertake.
Closing Date: 15th November 11.55pm
For more information, please contact:
Noreen Bhuta, Project Manager Service, Systems Design and Performance
email@example.com 01484 221000 Ext 71140
Sarah Nunns, Project Manager - CSE Commission.
firstname.lastname@example.org 01484 221000 Ext 77074
15 November 2021, 11:55 PM
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Profile BSM I&R.pdf – 143KB
Day in the Life - BSM - Improvement and Relationships.pdf – 348KB