Haringey is committed to working with our communities so that residents can have happy and fulfilling lives. Connected Communities is a programme set up to improve access to council and voluntary services and support in Haringey to encourage residents to live their version of a good life. The Connected Communities team and the Commissioning directorate believe that lived experience is an invaluable asset and as a peer support worker your experience will help residents and shape our programme.
About the role:
- This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Connected Communities Programme.
- The roles will introduce you to a career in supporting residents and developing our communities.
- As a Peer Advisor you will support residents experiencing mental health concerns to live their ‘good life.’ You will help residents to make connections with events, activities and people in their local area.
- Provide information
- Direct to further advice and guidance
- Support residents in participating in the things important to them
- You will have a positive ‘can do attitude’ and good work ethic
- Flexible and able to contribute to a team approach where you will be required to build good relationships not only within your team, but also across all areas of the organisation
- Lived experience of a mental health concern or of supporting a family or friend with a mental health concern.
Other Requirements / How to apply:
- Be a resident of the London Borough of Haringey
- Be aged 16 and over
- If shortlisted you will be invited to an informal interview
- Complete the online application form.
Support in completing your application is available by registering with the Haringey Works Team, but you will need to make contact ASAP via email > firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 8489 2969, as there may be a waiting list during busy periods.
For Further Information:
Closing Date: Sunday, 28th November 2021.
Contact information: email@example.com