The Children and Families Directorate is working with partners and stakeholders to implement significant changes in the way in which we organise and deliver services in Kirklees.
Due to the internal progression of the current post holder an opportunity has arisen to join the Learning and Early Support Team. For an enthusiastic and committed person this is an exciting opportunity to work in a team improving the lives of children, young people and families across Kirklees.
You will be joining a busy and friendly team, providing administration support to Heads of Service and Senior Managers. You will need to have an eye for detail to provide efficient administration support to the senior team.
You will need excellent communication skills for this role as you will be working with members of the public, colleagues in schools, senior managers and Councillors.
It is essential that you have good IT skills and that you are familiar with a variety of computer packages in particular Microsoft Office. You will need to be able to demonstrate business and administration skills to NVQ Level 3.
Duties will include:
- Specialist and technical administrative support;
- Data processing (input and retrieval), including service-based IT systems;
- Responding to complex enquiries;
- Provide project support, research and collate information as directed;
- Complex and specialist word processing;
- Produce routine statistical information and management information;
- Arrange meetings, take minutes and produce appropriate documentation.
In order to be shortlisted for this job please demonstrate how you meet the Person Checklist as detailed on the attached Job Profile. CV's will not be accepted. Please take a look at the Focus Sheet attached for more information about this role.
What can we offer?
- Generous annual leave entitlement;
- Friendly and supportive team environment;
- Ongoing training and career development;
- Excellent pension scheme;
- A range of family friendly polices, including flexible working and working from home;
- We offer a wide range of well-being initiatives including a cycle to work scheme and discounted KAL membership.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Teresa Moxon (Senior Business Support Manager) on 01484 221000.
Interview dates: 7th & 8th December.
28 November 2021, 11:55 PM
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Profile.pdf – 134KB
Job Focus Sheet.pdf – 113KB